Side Mirrors

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Peter,

I personally don't mind the way my talbot looks, I just got a NOS one that is replacing the original. Once I get everything back, you are welcome to borrow the old one to see if you like the look.

Regards,

Art S.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
peterp

Post by peterp »

Thanks Art -- I appreciate it. I would be great to see some photos of the new mirror fitted.

Regards,
Peter
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Peter,

I dropped it off with the car at Francois'. I would guess Tom Y. will be doing the installation, maybe he'll take some picturs and post them.

By the way, the Talbots aren't so bad, we were going to post pictures for John V. of the 250 SWB that came the last year's gathering, it had a nice set of Talbots on it (I wonder what became of those pictures...).

Regards,

Art S.
enio45

Mirrors

Post by enio45 »

Peter, the mirror in Kerry's message is the one im talking about...my car came with it, and now that i repainted the car, i drilled the other side 2 have 2 mirrors also . . as kerry said they are interchangable.

The are very avail in Italy - - if you or anyone else would like one or 2 - let me know and ill place an order for them and pick them up in a few weeks.
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
peterp

Post by peterp »

I may have found two internet sources for the mirrors -- one on a tip from Kerry and another I stumbled onto on the web. I will post info when I have it (prices are $125 each from the US source, 95 EUR from the European source).

Thanks for the help,
Peter
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Peter,

Which style did you choose? I'm guessing the Alfa design.

Regards,

Art S.
peterp

Post by peterp »

Art,

These are the mirrors Kerry is using and has posted pictures of -- it isn't the 70's alfa mirror that I posted an eBay link to earlier in the thread.

Regards,
Peter
peterp

Post by peterp »

The 2 sources for the mirrors are Dennis McCann ($125 each plus shipping) in the US and Italparts.com in the Netherlands (90 EUR each + 45 EUR for shipping to US (or 90 EUR for express shipping)). I ordered them from McCann's because they are US based, but Italparts was very professional, had them in stock, and actually provided the pictures I posted above, so I would probably have gone with them if I lived in Europe. Re-Originals also has these mirrors, but they are quite a bit more expensive.