Anyone looking for a 330 America?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

fiminod

Post by fiminod »

Art & Tom,

Well it's simple really. I have a great adage at my shop, "I seem to buy a lot of perfect cars and never sell any." This is the greatest point in case.

If this car went to anyone end user who wasn't in the business he probably would have sued, I'm not inclined to get legal over these things. If the car had a cracked block or was seriously rusty I would engaged a lawyer. Karma is a bitch either way.

And I couldn't pass this car along to anyone as a dealer and not have them pick it apart. It's easy to buy compromised cars but it's impossible to sell them and maintain any reputation. The car is not a survivor, it's a restored car that is very good, period. I'm into collecting survivors and that's what I thought I bought. It will make a fine car for someone who wants a 2+2. In retrospect, I have a 1984 V8 Vantage Aston that acts as a 2+2 and I have a 275GTS that gives me the V12 Ferrari thrill. I suppose it would have been a coin toss to keep it in the bigger scheme of things and frankly I'll keep it and enjoy it until someone can make me whole on my money.

I know better than anyone that these things aren't investment vehicles, contrary to some big thinkers here, they are objects to enjoy. We'll see.

And again Rudy, I wouldn't waste my time meeting with someone who is pretentious enough and equally as arraogant who spouts off in a chat room pretending to be a mind reader of what other folks are up you. You don't behave like a gentleman and with the business I own and the cars I personally own I have nothing to prove to you. Learn a lesson here or you can carry on and be the king of the chat room. I could care less. You obviously are the expert and I'm the amateur. I'm done with you.

Art & Tom, thanks for the kind words, sorry I missed the event in NY. When I bought the car I figured I'd make it but alas, it wasn't sorted yet and would only get there on a flatbed.

And Brandon Lawrence & Geoff @ GP Enterprises are great folks in the Bay area for doing great work on V12s, in case there's one person out there who doesn't know that...I doubt that's news to anyone. I should have sent them over and inspected the car while the auction was going on, but again, I'm sure it will end up in a good home or I keep driving it until another buyer realizes I've done all of the heavy lifting.

Hey, what's the downside to you guys if I get $160k for the car? I suppose you have to pay a slightly higher insurance premium for protecting your own cars....that's about it.

SS
tyang

Post by tyang »

And again Rudy, I wouldn't waste my time meeting with someone...(snip)
Let's keep the personal insults to ourselves. I appreciate hearing your side of the story Steve, and if I can get Gerke's side of the story, it would give us a better picture of what happened.

There is nothing wrong with your getting what you're asking for with the 330 America. I'm just glad I bought my car when I did!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

Steve,

I just wanted to be able to share my aforementioned thoughts to you in person.

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
1966 330 GT s/n 8705
jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

Wom, this is beginning to sound like a thread on Ferrarichat!
Current: 1983 308 GTS
R.I.P: 330 2+2 s/n 5409
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

It sounds like Fchat because the senario is similar to ones seen there regularly. Someone says one thing, does another and is called on it.

Art S.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

Art S. wrote:It sounds like Fchat because the senario is similar to ones seen there regularly. Someone says one thing, does another and is called on it.

Art S.
I know...that just doesn't happen on Tom's board. Everyone's supposed to be straight-up here...you come here to escape Fchat.
Current: 1983 308 GTS
R.I.P: 330 2+2 s/n 5409
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Personally, I'm not escaping from anything. I enjoy both sites. Fchat has everything, including the kitchen sink, Tom's site is much more focused. Both are excellent in their own ways.

Art S.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

Well, personally, I do come here to avoid F-Chat!
1967 330 GT 2+2 #9453