Ice Storm

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Re: Ice Storm

Post by tyang »

As my little generator continues to run, I can also teach a workshop on how to hot wire your furnace, and well pump to a generator! Did I mention I'm also babysitting my neighbor's genny since they're weekenders? We're also expecting 7-12 inches of snow tomorrow. This is getting tedious!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
josh

Post by josh »

Batten down the hatches! :)
--

1966 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
1967 Fiat Dino Spider
http://www.hitchhiker.org/fiat/
tyang

Post by tyang »

Well after 7 days and 16 hours power was finally restored to our road. I became the "squeaky wheel" that needed the oil this morning when I demanded to speak to someone other than an operator at my power company. Why is it that these days it requires consumers to become irate to see any results? I hate being the jerk that demands answers, but after 7 days and not a single truck down our road, I had enough. After getting a local dispatcher to confirm my location, and which feeder powered our road (would you believe they weren't sure?), they said they would call one of the three crews in our area to take a look. Soon after my call, and speaking to the dispatcher, our road was crawling with power company trucks, sub contractors, and tree trucks! It makes me wonder if I should have complained earlier. See what happens when you're nice? You get left behind.

Well, now that that ugliness is behind us, we can now get back to our lives, and DO SOME LAUNDRY!

Ferrari content will soon resume on this site provided the 8-12 inches of snow falling outside doesn't knock power out again!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
josh

Post by josh »

Glad to hear it! Finally!
--

1966 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
1967 Fiat Dino Spider
http://www.hitchhiker.org/fiat/