GTC Suspension bushing specs. wanted

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Jumprun

GTC Suspension bushing specs. wanted

Post by Jumprun »

I have removed my suspension arms and the inner and outer bushings appear to be in good condition.

I would like to know what the diametrical clearance should be between the inner and outer bushing, because If my parts are still in spec, it would save me the removal process of these bushings.

Also, what type of grease should I use on reassembly?

Tom in SoCal.
97D6F6CE-E25D-4BAC-99A9-86122BD156AD.jpeg
John Vardanian

Re: GTC Suspension bushing specs. wanted

Post by John Vardanian »

Tom, I'm am having a hard time understand your question. When you say outer bushing, I take it that you mean the bushing that is captured in the chassis, and the inner is the one that is captured within the outer. Correct?

john
PF Coupe
Jumprun

Post by Jumprun »

Hi John.
My photo shows the inner bushings, which are the loose shiny ones that slip into the outer bushings which are press fit and tack welded into the arms.

I am looking for wear tolerance between the two.

I guess I will buy all the new parts anyway, and will measure and decide if mine are still usable.
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

Tom: I honestly think you may be overthinking this. A visual inspection should be all you need to determine if you need new inner "bushings". It is easy to determine if the steel pins are worn. Generally, they are fine.
Jumprun

Post by Jumprun »

Thanks for the reply Dyke.
haha, yes, I do overthink sometimes.

The bushings in the A arms have some sort of friction coating, almost like Teflon, and there is some minor wear to this coating. The inner pin/bushings have virtually no wear at all.

I am buying all new parts so that should give me my answer.
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

Tom: The coating is teflon. If most of the teflon has survived, all the bushings need is lubrication and reassembly. You can buy just the teflon inner sleeves and replace only them also.