Boxer Engine Removal

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

DrewA

Re: Boxer Engine Removal

Post by DrewA »

Thanks Tom. I get the process. Just mentally going thru the steps. Trying to decide if its worth removing the clutch/transfer gear pack as you did or just loosen the compressor and lower it like it looks SimonC did.

The compressor bolts we are talking about being hard to get to. Those are the ones that you loosen and tighten to remove and adjust belt tension - right? Or do I have this all wrong.

Drew
DrewA

Post by DrewA »

Thanks Tom. I get the process. Just mentally going thru the steps. Trying to decide if its worth removing the clutch/transfer gear pack as you did or just loosen the compressor and lower it like it looks SimonC did.

The compressor bolts we are talking about being hard to get to. Those are the ones that you loosen and tighten to remove and adjust belt tension - right? Or do I have this all wrong.

Drew
tyang

Post by tyang »

There's not wrong or right way. Simon may have a lot more experiences doing this, but I've had good luck removing the clutch assembly. It sure was better than leaning over the engine to get to the A/C compressor bolts. I'm too old to contort my body when I don't have to!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
DrewA

Post by DrewA »

Finally got the engine out of the Boxer this weekend thanks to Tom and SimonC's help. Not too bad but lots of time and work - its just a big job.

Now its time to make her bela again.

Drew
Attachments
IMG_8357 (10) (640x480).jpg
IMG_8357 (10) (640x480).jpg (214.98 KiB) Viewed 4124 times
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Drew, Congrats on the first half of the R&R! Nice to see a garage that looks well-loved and used. A shop, not a 4 star restaurant. s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."