Kids and cars

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

afwrench

Kids and cars

Post by afwrench »

Tom , you should post as many pictures of your daughter as you like . Just stick a Ferrari in with her once in awhile. She is cute as a button and the car is cool .
72,365gtc4,14681,2007 599 GTB
lukek

Post by lukek »

Here is my personal rendition / definition of being blessed, Jacob and Isabella (the car is called Il Dottore)
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
400iman

Post by 400iman »

Tom, she's definitely a cutie. Good for you getting her involved with the car early. I wish I had the same patience, but unfortunately my mind keeps going back to the day I was out front with the kids and I watched as my daughter, who was 4 at the time, casually picked up a good sized river rock and proceded to drag it across the hood of my Taurus. Thank goodness it wasn't one of the good cars. I want to get them involved, but I need to get over my fear of tools on paint. Maybe I need to get that "driver" condition 308GT4. That way another scratch won't be noticed.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Udo,

So far, she hasn't figured out how to use a rock to do damage, but I'm going to have to get over the possible damage she'll do to the new interior simply from getting in and out of the car! After all, it's just a car, and it can always be restored again!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
afwrench

Post by afwrench »

Tom you are so right. While I sometimes get a little tense as my kids get in and out of my old cars , Im picky about the door sills, they have such a great time it is all worth it . They are meant to be enjoyed and the kids will have great memories down the road. Hey I made a funny. Let them smell the leather and hear the engines , its what got us all hooked.Regards Mike
72,365gtc4,14681,2007 599 GTB
lukek

Post by lukek »

....reminds me of a thread a while back (another forum) where someone wanted to ban children from car shows !!!! (Irresponsible parents is more like it, but mine were trained not to touch at 2)
It is like putting a bra on the car. Make the car look ugly so that the next guy can enjoy a pristine hood. Use them, or loose them, boys and girls !
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
tyang

Post by tyang »

It is like putting a bra on the car. Make the car look ugly so that the next guy can enjoy a pristine hood.
I've always wondered, when do you actually remove vinyl slip covers?
Let them smell the leather and hear the engines , its what got us all hooked.
That reminds me of a time I was driving a Dino when I passed a Volvo station wagon. As I passed the car with the V-6 at full song, a young boy inside the car followed my trajectory with his eyes and mouth wide open. His Mom may not have been able to tell him what car I was driving, but I know I made an indelible mark on that kid's memory.

Sharing cool experiences in life to future generations is really what it's really about! The Ferrari is one thing on my list.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

I live in a nice part of the country with wide open roads and lots of young kids riding their bikes around. A lot of my fun in driving the GTE around is the reaction of these kids when they see and then hear the car. Often times, the first reaction is pointing out the car to their friends and then jumping up and down and waving. Recently, one young brave soul started to run in the middle of the street and began yelling "Ferrari, Ferrari!"

These kids sure bring back some great memories of when I would do the exact same thing.

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
1966 330 GT s/n 8705