Dented windshield moulding

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

M.Plechaty

Dented windshield moulding

Post by M.Plechaty »

There is a small dent in the aluminum windshield moulding of my GTE. I am wondering if there is a way to repair this (professionally or at home) or should I just live with it. The moulding is awaiting my patience to reinstall it, as I await my ambition to install the replacement windshield (that has been sitting on the kitchen counter for several months as I ponder the issue). The damage is a cosmetic issue only, but it's there to be observed by anybody & everybody. :(
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Mike,

My windshield moulding was chromed bronze, so fixing the scratches was not so simple.

Tom
M.Plechaty

Windshield moulding

Post by M.Plechaty »

You're right that the moulding is chrome-plated bronze. It is way too heavy to be aluminum. I think I'll just leave well-enough alone. Maybe somewhere along the way I'll find a replacement moulding. :?
Dr. Ian Levy

Dented Windshield moulding

Post by Dr. Ian Levy »

My advice is dont mess.
3 years I am still trying to find a part of the moulding on my 365 GTC4. A part that the guy replacing the windshield threw in the garbage because it had a few marks on it!!
If its usable but not perfect its a lot better than nothing & finding replacements is an impossible dream
Regards
Dr. Ian Levy
UK