Thanks for everyone's help on the register!

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Enzo250GTO

Thanks for everyone's help on the register!

Post by Enzo250GTO »

I just wanted to thank the members of this site which helped me hammer out some of the details for a register last month. I've completed the first stage and would now like to share it with you all. I just entered 4 models tonight to see how it works accepting information. Seems to work well and the search works great too. Again THANKS for all the help!

Register: www.ferrariforum.net/register/
Register FAQ (recommended reading) http://www.ferrariforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=825

Of course this is just the beginning as this FAQ shows.
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Looks pretty good! It will be interesting to see what kind of information you get. One suggestion I have is to adjust the sort order of the "Browse the Register" page. Right now it sorts by the first digit of the cars Serial Number, regardless of how many digits it is. Therefore, SN 24825 comes before 3805. Fixing this sort would make it easier to find cars of a similar vintage to yours. Thanks for all the work!
Enzo250GTO

Post by Enzo250GTO »

[quote="Tom Wilson"]Looks pretty good! It will be interesting to see what kind of information you get. One suggestion I have is to adjust the sort order of the "Browse the Register" page. Right now it sorts by the first digit of the cars Serial Number, regardless of how many digits it is. Therefore, SN 24825 comes before 3805. Fixing this sort would make it easier to find cars of a similar vintage to yours. Thanks for all the work![/quote]
Tom,
I agree with you 100%. I just got this up yesterday. For the browse I will do something similar to this:
http://www.ferrariforum.net/models/comp ... order=desc

Only it will be even better. In the upper right the dropdown will be the models so you could go to it select F40 and it will only display the SNs for the F40. Then you can choose to order it in different ways once the model is select.

For now I'm working on the login page and making information submitting a little more user friendly.
tyang

Post by tyang »

I will certainly add my information to your site! I'm sure you'll at least update it! You don't know how many times I've written Barchetta.cc about #5053, and they still haven't changed the information!

Tom
Enzo250GTO

Post by Enzo250GTO »

[quote="tyang"]I will certainly add my information to your site! I'm sure you'll at least update it! You don't know how many times I've written Barchetta.cc about #5053, and they still haven't changed the information!

Tom[/quote]
Tom,
Even better, you'll be able to update it yourself without having to send me annoying e-mails. You'll see the login on the front page. User is your e-mail, password is what you typed in. Thanks for adding your car to the register.
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

Great start! I recommend you divide from theonset the different models: 512BB and 512 BBi the Series Is and IIs for the 330GTs etc, once you are well along it will be much harder to disaggregate them Michael Bayer
Enzo250GTO

Post by Enzo250GTO »

Michael Bayer wrote:Great start! I recommend you divide from theonset the different models: 512BB and 512 BBi the Series Is and IIs for the 330GTs etc, once you are well along it will be much harder to disaggregate them Michael Bayer
Thanks for the feedback. I thought I did a pretty good job of this already. From the looks of it the only ones I don't have seperated are the 400 & 400i as well as the 456 GT and GTA. But I do see your point about the future so I will begin looking at spliting them up as much as possible.