Borrani Turbo Sport disc wheel restoration question

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Ruedi

Borrani Turbo Sport disc wheel restoration question

Post by Ruedi »

Hi all,

Up front, my apologies for a non-Ferrari question. My research on the Internet has so far been fruitless. I hope one of you gurus can provide me with a hint where to find information.

I'm trying to restore a set of mid-'60s Borrani "Turbo Sport" disc wheels (alloy rim riveted to a steel center) as used on Alfas, Lancias, Maseratis, ISO Rivoltas and some Fiats. The problem I have is finding information about the correct paint for the steel centers.

Does anybody know of a company or person who is restoring or has restored such wheels? Any help or contact information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Ruedi
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Ruedi,

No apologies needed! I just hope a bunch of us Ferrari fans can help!

I'm assuming you've gone to the Alfa clubs, or contacted the club presidents for advice? They usually know, or know who to call for that kind of information, especially if they do Concours judging. If you know specifically which model the wheel came from, then I would try the clubs for those cars.

The internet is a great tool (especially when at work!), but sometimes a couple of phone calls can be more effective!

Good luck.
Tom
Ruedi

Post by Ruedi »

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your kind reply.

Yes, I have tried to contact various groups and clubs, including the Alfa 2000/2600 register of which I am a member. So far without luck (no response in most cases). That's why I'm branching out to other makes in hope of finding a contact (such as a concours judge) that way.

BTW: Thanks for a great site. I've been following it for some time and it does keep me motivated.

Cheers,

Ruedi