Exhaust Hangers

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Tom Wilson

Exhaust Hangers

Post by Tom Wilson »

While trying to avoid larger projects, I took a look at my exhaust hangers this afternoon. The metal portions are in great shape, but the rubber section is shot. Does anybody know where to find the correct rubber or is it better to get the whole thing from PartSource?
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Tom (Wilson),

It's probably not worth going through the trouble of replacing the rubber. I've got a few left overs from when I did my exhaust. How many do you need? I also have a bunch of aluminum spacers that I know you'll need.

Tom (Yang)

Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

I will probably replace all of the hangers. Some of them have been replaced with plumbing materials and the others are fraying pretty badly. The metal, though rusted, cleans up pretty well. The rubber, however, is not long for this world. If I count correctly, I will need 24 to replace them all. And if I am correct, that would be 96 spacers? I can reuse the old spacers on the ones I have though.

Did you get yours through PartSource? May I ask how much? I will gladly take your extras off your hands and fill in the balance through the regular sources.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Tom (Wilson),

I can't remember now, but I think they're something around 10 bucks a piece, but call Geoff to make sure. I'll sell you mine for the same price, but I'll throw in the spacers. I'll check this week to see how many I have left.

Tom
zac

Post by zac »

carefull to ask what type you are getting before you go dishing out the 10 plus dollars a piece most guys are getting these days I just purchased a set from Rutlands and my price was something like 10$ so who knows what retail is and they had modern style rivets instead of the older style pins that are peened(?) which will work fine but won't pass concorse. You can also check Dennis at www.allferrariparts.com they advertise them for 6.50 each but they may have changed they also have oe of the best searchable online cata;ogs for the older cars even though not all the prices are reasonable
Zac
tyang

Post by tyang »

The ones I have are with the pop-rivets, agreeably wrong for concours, but very close. the nickel finish is correct, and the rubber is fine, but you can probably replace the pop-rivets with solid rivets if you have to.

I'll sell mine for the best price you can find, and I'll throw in the spacers.

Tom