Post by Mike Theo »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... egory=6212

Okay, so what does mean?

Mike Theo
63 250GT/E, 65 330GT
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Mike,

Ending of auctions doesn't always indicate an actual sale! Kids, and tire kickers like to bid on these cars to brag that they're bidding on a Ferrari only to flake out at the end. The seller is left to figure out who the next viable purchaser could be. Another scenario is that the seller tries to get their friends to bid on the car to get some other people to bid along only to fail in the end. You never know. I wouldn't put up a dime until I got a PPI done on this one.

Tom
lukek

re: look who is back

Post by lukek »

I wanted to chime in and post a note in defense of Ebay, a totally professional forum, completely devoid of any flakes.
A case in point is item # 2910059963

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=1469

Use some discretion in viewing this at work, but it is not at all graphic. As a matter of fact, it is a vegetable.
Mike Theo

Hmmmm...

Post by Mike Theo »

All I want to know is what kind of search were you running that would have you end up there? Then again, I always search for salad fixins' on eBay myself ;) Have you seen the price of croutons lately?!

Mike
lukek

re: carrot

Post by lukek »

Actually, it was. I told my wife that if I get fired from my day job I will do an experiment...Remember the dot.com guy who never left the house and got everything online?
I was going to limit my publicity stunt to ebay ! So she took me up on a dare and tried to find some staples on ebay like bread....and carrots.

There is a plausible explanation for everything.