not for the squeamish

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

PETER GABRIEL

Post by PETER GABRIEL »

Ran out of space, [ how do you extend?] Further to the above: Yale: as regards Sicards comment, " who told you you can own a Ferrari in N.Y., tell him Peter Gabriel says, thats who.
I used to drive the hell out of this car 400/500 mile business trips etc., back when, thats what Ferraris were used for, not for how shiny they were.
My car never overheated, and I mean in Manhattan, blocked in that tunnel near 50th. St. on 1st. ave, in the middle of summer.

You probably could have taken half that money and taken a course in auto mechanics and rented a small space with a lift. May even have your own flatbed.

But seriously, you have my sympathy, if one has a problem in front of the house, thats one thing , but, breaking on the road does get to one after awhile.

There's an old cliche: If you have to ask the price you can't afford,it, but I think in your case it streches it a bit.

Peter Gabriel
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Peter,

Don't forget, in '67 you could go to the treasury and get the silver dollars they still had stockpiled for $1 each. Price is relative.

Also, if you don't have the space/time/expertise you have to pay someone who does!

All of that said, I subscribe to you 'drive em' approach to Ferraris.

Regards,

Art S.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

In the 60's, one dollar had the buying power of ten dollars today when it came to cars and houses. It is indeed all relative.

I owned an Alfa Guilietta Sprint coupe in 1973 that I paid $300 for. I got a thousand-dollar estimate for having the engine rebuilt...might as well as been ten grand.
Current: 1983 308 GTS
R.I.P: 330 2+2 s/n 5409
Keith Milne

Post by Keith Milne »

Oh, good God, don't even get me started. I've had my 330 for three years now and have only driven it once - home from the semi trailer it was delivered in. I haven't added all the receipts yet, and frankly, I'm not going to. The number will be far larger than anything my brain can conjure. And, I am no closer to driving the car today than I was three years ago.
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Yes Keith, but its pretty :)

Including the Tom Yang party weekend, I've put over 1000 miles on the car in the last couple of weeks without a problem. Of course issues arose last Sunday, which I will describe later.

Regards,

Art S.

PS. Interestingly, my unshiny paint is starting to get patches of luster as I'm hand compounding it. I might be able to keep it away from Tom S. after all, but I will always proudly wear my 'parts car' shirt.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919