Bumper Guard-rubber edging

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

SLM

Bumper Guard-rubber edging

Post by SLM »

I am in the process of re-chroming my bumpers and bumper guards and need to find replacement rubber edging that attaches to the guard before mounting to the bumper. I bought the rubber pads for the guards from Mike Dunn but cannot find the rubber edging. I called re-originals and metro rubber with no luck. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Steve
Magorahog

rubber trim

Post by Magorahog »

Have a look at the following http://www.btinternet.com/~ferrariparts/rubber_trim.htm

The rubber may not be listed, but if you send a sketch, we may be able to help.
JimB

Post by JimB »

Try using black vinyl door edging. you can get it at most any auto supply house. I used it and you can't tell it from the original stuff and it will last longer.
Jim Burnett
Howard

Re: Bumper Guard-rubber edging

Post by Howard »

SLM wrote:I am in the process of re-chroming my bumpers and bumper guards and need to find replacement rubber edging that attaches to the guard before mounting to the bumper. I bought the rubber pads for the guards from Mike Dunn but cannot find the rubber edging. I called re-originals and metro rubber with no luck. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Steve
I am in need of some myself. The original is an assymetric shape with one side a little taller than the other. I think this makes the visible edge (the taller side) hug closer to the chrome finish.
Any further sugestions for supply would be very welcome
Howard