Daytona rear suspension

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Paul

Daytona rear suspension

Post by Paul »

It's time to renew all the bushings for the rear suspension. I haven't tackeled this type of job since rebuilding the front suspension of my Austin Healey. That was 20 years ago. Any special tools for pressing out bushings, pearls, etc? Thanks.
jefflit

Post by jefflit »

The rubber busings on the inner side require a press. Furthermore, their design is such that there is really no shoulder to grab on. Therefore, it is easiest if you make two cuts across the top of the bushing to remove the lip of the bushing on two opposing sides so that you have a surface to support the control arm upon. In order words, the round lip becomes D shaped w/ one cut, then "oval" shaped (for lack of a better description) after the second.

Hope that helps.
xs10shl

Talking of bushings . . .

Post by xs10shl »

I'm considering redoing my 365 GT 2+2 front suspension, and I'm just starting to do the search for suspension bushings. I've got all the original part numbers, but I've not located a good source for this type of hardware. Any suggestions? Inexpensive faux parts are totally acceptable, since this car is a driver.
330GT

Post by 330GT »

Contact David Ogg in Australia (porthill@netspace.net.au). I got a set of outer pins (upper and lower) and all new brass bushings for less that what the bushings would have been in the US. He made these up for his 365 2+2, but they also fit 330 GT 2+2s also.

They also fit better than some replacement pins that a friend got for his 330 GT.