speaker placement survey

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

lukek

speaker placement survey

Post by lukek »

As much as I ranted about wanting to hear only the V 12 music, I did buy an original Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio for my car. I have become somewhat of an NPR junkie. Sure, some of the liberal viewpoints annoy me, but who can resist a piece on people who have been stricken by lightning (some present at this victim convention got hit twice! They should run out and immediately buy a lottery ticket)?
I have also acquired a nice original speaker enclosure from Len Miller, as he was clearing out his garage. I put a newish speaker inside. It is rather bulky, and I think I have seen a picture of the same one on Tom's site, but I have been wandering where to put it. Perhaps it belongs in the passenger footwell, where the center console and the bottom of the dash come together.
Any other locations out there (for the mono speaker box, door placement is not an option) ?

thx, luke
1963 250 GTE 4823
http://www.guigui.com/250gte.htm

Will be at:
-Hillsborough Concours- May 4th
-Palo Alto Concours, late June, Father's Day
-Concorso Italiano, August
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Luke,

Scott Garvey and I have been discussing where to put his speaker, and this was one of the proposed locations (with the help of photoshop), but it was rejected for something under the dash without the speaker cabinet. There may just be enough room to tuck a speaker pointing down towards the driver's right shin. We'll see.

You might not hear it tucked over on the passenger side of the footwell, but as Yale found out, he can't hear his newly installed radio unless he's stopped in traffic, and his speaker is pointed right at him!

Tom