F.B.A. dealer in France?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

lukek

F.B.A. dealer in France?

Post by lukek »

What does FBA stand for? I just got Raab's Odd Serial number book and in it, it says that my car was first sold to FBA in France. It is kinda funny because I have US gauges, so either it was sold to an American living abroad, or someone switched the kms to mph...
:)

thx
luke
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
kare

Post by kare »

FBA stands for Franco Britannic Automobiles. This seems to have been a dealer in Paris.

best wishes, Kare
lukek

re: FBA

Post by lukek »

This is great ! In searching the web for the complete string (FBA abbreviation brought back nothing), I found an advert for the 250 GTE, as placed in the Figaro Magazine by FBA ! A great addition to the car's dossier.

http://lukekowalski.tripod.com/ferrariposter.jpg

I also found out that Pozzi's sales efforts (another Ferrari sales channel) surpassed FBA's, and Pozzi was not even the official reseller for France (he had the connections and the racing background, for sure) ! The latest on FBA is that they are a Jag dealer, owned by teh UK Inchcape group, but this might already be outdated, as their URL does not work, and they are not listed as an asset by Inchcape.co.uk

It is really kind of weird, because I was showing Jacob (my 2 year old son) a book about subways of the world this morning. The one that he focused on was the French subway and the stop of Place de L'Etoile. And that is the old (or current Jag) FBA dealership is located !

thx
luke, #4823

PS. If anyone knows the archivist of the French Ferrari club, I would love the contact info....
kare

Post by kare »

What a nice advertisement! I'm most certainly going to make a print for my garage wall!

Best wishes, Kare
lukek

re: FBA

Post by lukek »

The drawing seems to be the same as the one on a box of a Dinky 250 GTE model, excpet that it is not in color. I wander if they just "borrowed" it.....
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.