Recommendations for an Upholstery Shop in San Diego Area

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Benjamin

Recommendations for an Upholstery Shop in San Diego Area

Post by Benjamin »

Can anyone recommend a good upholstery shop in San Diego/North County area to redo the interior on my 330? I emailed Tom S. and Zac, but to no avail. David Booth suggested I post here.

Has anybody had any firsthand experience with any shop in SoCal that they could recommend? I would prefer someone closeby that has experience with vintage Ferraris, but would travel if the expertise/quality warranted.

Happy New Year to all and thanks in advance.
1964 330 GT 2+2 (s/n 5839)
1969 Intermeccanica Italia
matt

Post by matt »

The only shop I know about is Westminister auto upholstry 714 632-5050. I have not used him but have heard they are good. You may want to call Symbolic or Norbert Hofer to see who they use. Another person in LA I have heard about is Little John. I do not have a number.
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

Benjamin,

I deal with Hilborn Motor Car Interiors here in Reseda in the San Fernando Valley. They specialize in Rolls Royce, old and new, but have done quite a few cars for Pebble Beach. Their work is excellent. I tend to be very picky on the details and some vendors get fed up dealing with me but I won't compromise. Hilborn is also a client of mine. Thomas Hilborn is the owner.

I realize it is quite far from your location though.

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
1966 330 GT s/n 8705
zac

Post by zac »

Sorry I was busy last week getting stuff over to Arizona not trying to ilusive just not spending much time at the desk lately.

Pete at Westminster is excellent but I waited over a year to get a car in there I just dropped off last week, he is also very hard to get into in general.

Thomas at Symbolic is good and has a pretty good turn around but you will get bumped if Symbolic has any rush jobs for the sales division. You will also be paying for the full labor rate of a restoration shop instead of an upholstry shop.

Alan Taylor is in Escondido and has a full trim shop in house, he is also really good and has done plenty of Pebble Beach stuff but agian not cheap.

I have heard good things about Ocean Beach Upholstry but have not used them

There was supposed to be a guy coming to work in house for me but unfortunately that has not materialized as of yet.

hope that is of some help, if you need any number or contact info e-mail me privately and I am happy to pass it along

Zac
1970 365 gt 2+2 13137, 1997 550 Maranello, 1969 Lamborghini Miura S, 1973 365 GTB/4 Daytona
BT

Post by BT »

If you go to Ferrarichat.com, register, then send a PM to "Bullfighter", he recently had his entire interior redone on his 328. He lives in San diego also. The pictures look great and the price seemed pretty fair. He got in touch with the person through Symbolic I beleive. In any case, he is pretty much a perfectionist and was very happy with the results.
BT
1967 Ginetta G20
Alberto

Post by Alberto »

Try Louie, he does very good work. You can see his work in the cars at Bobileff's shop. Louie does the interiors.

Louie Meza
5744 Elk Street
San Diego, CA 92114
619-527-4490

Alberto
Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

Thanks all!
1964 330 GT 2+2 (s/n 5839)
1969 Intermeccanica Italia