Auto transport

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

jsa3

Auto transport

Post by jsa3 »

Can anyone recommend a company for long distance automotive(Ferrari)
transport in the US?

Thanks,

Scott
treue

Post by treue »

Scott:
I used Passport Transport to get my 330 2+2 from UNYS to OK. It took about 2 weeks from order to delivery. The truck was immaculate (it could have won an award for cleanliness). The driver was courteous. The trailer could carry 6-8 cars and had two levels. The driver had covered the lower cars with plastic to protect them from oil falling from the upper level cars. Price was $1275. I found both cheaper and higher prices. I will use them again. You can go a lot cheaper ($600) with uncovered transporters but that would make me very nervous, having my pride-and-joy out in the elements and exposed to prying eyes.

Tom
JAshburne

Post by JAshburne »

I used Horseless Carriage to ship my 400i from CA to CT. Great service and the car arrived in the same condition that it left California.

John Ashburne
jsa3

Auto transport

Post by jsa3 »

Gentlemen:

I appreciate your replies.

John, did Horseless Carriage ship the car in an enclosed trailer? A mechanic who I've talked to about inspecting a couple of potential purchases said theywere really good. If either car works out it's got to come 1000 miles, which makes me vvery nervous. How did they charge?

Thanks,

Scott
John Vardanian

Transport

Post by John Vardanian »

I plan to use Cosdale in San Francisco. The number is 415-973-0815. They were recommended by Fantasy Junction.
vinces

Post by vinces »

I have used intercity lines for CA to VA. They were very good. Covered truck. A lift gate even for the upper level so that there is no ramp and no scrapes on the bottom of the car. They covered all cars (top and bottom racks). My car came on a truck with a husband/wife team (they seem to have several such teams) so delivery time was pretty good. Their web site is http://www.intercitylines.com/
JAshburne

Post by JAshburne »

Yes, HC shipped the car in an enclosed trailer. I was on a business trip when it arrived and my wife took delivery, so I didn't get to see what the arrangement was in the transporter. The cost from southern California to CT was $1,450 in 1998. Passport at the time quoted $1,570.