Pledge Drive

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

mikewegener

Pledge Drive

Post by mikewegener »

Hi Tom and all Yangsters
Let me say THANK YOU for this great website. Pledge has been paypaled. Thanks also for making it easy. Some years ago when 250GTE projects were in the $35K range I started thinking Ferrari and found this site. It has been very entertaining and informative. The scope of information on this site is so wonderfully broad and I hope that through these turbulent times ahead everybody on this Forum can hold onto their cars.
Personally though, I hope that the current economic downturn will play in my favor and make a vintage Ferrari project affordable for me :)
I look forward to the 2009 offerings and want to wish you all Happy Holidays!
Mike Wegener
tyang

Re: Pledge Drive

Post by tyang »

Hi Mike,

Thank you to you and others that have already sent pledges. I appreciate your support. With the economic downturn, this site will show its members how to make the most of their Ferrari ownership, and hopefully hold onto their cars!

I don't know if Vintage Ferraris will reach $35K again, but they may get close. Good luck, and I wish you luck in finding a car!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

This site is still the best bang for the buck in the Ferrari world. Good advice, daily entertainment and great people; all at a price that you choose yourself. Works for me!

Thanks Tom
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
treue

Post by treue »

Hi Tom,

My bit will be in the mail in a few minutes. Honestly, it will.

Thanks so much for all your help. I check the site almost every day. It's quite educational as well as great entertainment.

I'm afraid I'm going to cave in and have a shop finish 9129. As members of the Arkansas-Oklahoma Chapter of FCA, we get to go to many fun events one of which is a tour of Vintage Connection in OKC. John Harden must have been so impressed by us, when we visited his shop, that he bought a 99 550M and joined the club. I was so impressed by John and Chris of Vintage Connection that I asked them to finish Federico (9129) into driveable condition. They will be here next week to get him. I will have them leave some for me to do.

Is a donation to the site tax deductible?

Tom
Tom Treue
67 330GT 2+2, No. 9129 (former owner)
AndrewW-G

Post by AndrewW-G »

Hi Tom,

Pledge from me and everybody else at CSO should be with you now.

you really should consider some adverts and sponsors ;)

Andrew
400 "30897" " Mondial "45461" & lots of other peoples toys at work
tyang

Post by tyang »

treue wrote:Hi Tom,

My bit will be in the mail in a few minutes. Honestly, it will.

Thanks so much for all your help. I check the site almost every day. It's quite educational as well as great entertainment.

I'm afraid I'm going to cave in and have a shop finish 9129. As members of the Arkansas-Oklahoma Chapter of FCA, we get to go to many fun events one of which is a tour of Vintage Connection in OKC. John Harden must have been so impressed by us, when we visited his shop, that he bought a 99 550M and joined the club. I was so impressed by John and Chris of Vintage Connection that I asked them to finish Federico (9129) into driveable condition. They will be here next week to get him. I will have them leave some for me to do.

Is a donation to the site tax deductible?

Tom
Hi Tom,

Having someone else prep your car doesn't mean you won't have anything to do on a Vintage Ferrari!

Unfortunately, it's not tax deductible, and I do pay taxes on pledges!
you really should consider some adverts and sponsors ;)

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

I've wrestled with the idea of advertising and sponsors for years, and have tried Google ads for a year or so without much income. I've always felt there is a fine line of taking money and the service I provide with an unbiased opinion of the services and products available to us. I make less money, but the information I provide is true and unencumbered by persuasion of money. That is why this pledge drive is important to me and appreciated by what I want to do with this site.

Thanks to everyone who feels the same way and contributes!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

Would have to be a registered charity to be tax deductible.
Take it as a medical deduction as part of your "therapy".

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
1966 330 GT s/n 8705
DBR330GT

Post by DBR330GT »

Thanks a million Tom!

Check is in the mail,

Dan Reese
1967 330 GT 2+2 #9119, 2011 BMW 1M, 2002 BMW M3
peterp

Post by peterp »

Tom -- thanks for putting this website together and maintaining it over the years. I don't get to visit as often as I like, but it's a great resource and I'm happy to contribute to the great community you've built.

Peter
Peter P
1966 330 2+2 series 2 #8169
tyang

Post by tyang »

Thanks a million Tom!

Check is in the mail,

Dan Reese
Tom -- thanks for putting this website together and maintaining it over the years. I don't get to visit as often as I like, but it's a great resource and I'm happy to contribute to the great community you've built.

Peter
You're welcome guys. The great thing is you can visit as often as you can, but it'll always be there when you need it. I use it myself all the time to reference something I wrote about years ago!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
T308

Post by T308 »

Done!

Thanks Tom, this is a great community!
1962 250 GT/E 3921, 1978 308 GTS 26845
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

PayPal donation just completed. Thank you and all the members of the group that have helped me since I started following this list 4 years ago. Happy Holidays to all of you. Regards. steve meltzer
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."