Ferrari Owner's Site - Car Certification

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

330GT

Ferrari Owner's Site - Car Certification

Post by 330GT »

Evidently the Ferrari Owner's Site (http://www.owners.ferrari.com) has eliminated the ability to request a build sheet or heritage certificate.

In place of those documents is a Car Certification process. A certificate will be required in 1/2004 for all cars entering in official Ferrari (presumably factory sponsored) events.

The rules and application for the certificate are much more complicated and requires a dozen or so photos and a €500 payment. However, non-original parts (such as an engine change) do not preclude getting a certificate though that fact would be noted on the certificate. The photos not only cover the various serial numbers as before, but also suspension, brakes, carburators, interior, wheels, etc.

For more information, visit the ower's site.

Regards, Kerry
Bernard Fahimian

Post by Bernard Fahimian »

Does that mean that our haritage certificate is no longer any good? I downloaded the twenty eight page application. Wow, that is a lot of work but if you really want it, well. Is any body considering doing this by Jan of 2004? Best, Bernard
Chris Coios

Post by Chris Coios »

Under the heading Historic Archive, the build sheets and heritage certificate are still listed as available. This new certification document sounds like a definitive assessment that a car has every component of an original number and/or type? Chris
330GT

Post by 330GT »

Thanks for pointing out that the historic archive with build sheets and heritage certificates still is available. I missed that when I was looking at the new certificate.

Regards, Kerry
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Assuming one is not planning on showing or selling his car, is there a reason to do this? The build sheets provided great information on my car and were an interesting part of its history, but this does not seem to provide much useful information. Not to mention the price seems rather steep.
bill rose

Post by bill rose »

Hi, Guys ... perhaps I'm missing something here ... I recently obtained my cars Hertitage Cert. with relative ease ... just had to dig up the various numbers. When I visit the Ferrari Owners site, I'm not seeing what you are chatting about ... no mention of a different, complex process, costing 500 pounds? Clue me in ... I've had several email requests for assistance in getting Heritage Cert from other F-owners, and don't want to mis-lead them.
bill rose

Post by bill rose »

Tom ... I'd say that the Heritage Cert is of little value (other than mere interest) if you don't plan to ever sell or show your car. But it's free ... so why not? Frame it, and hang next to your car!
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

As it is for free, I agree that the heritage certificate would be fun to get. I have most of the numbers already, so it shouldn't be too hard to apply. I was actually wondering about the usefullness of the new 500 pound or euro certification process. I have lots of things on my car that need that money and was wondering if there is any reason to add this certification to my budget.
bill rose

Post by bill rose »

Tom ... enlighten me ... what more could you get for 500 pounds? The Heritage Cert. sort of tells it all. Not a build sheet, but certainly everything a normal owner would want to know. Mostly, in "certifies" that your car's numbers all match Ferrari records at the time or construction. The certificate also shows the series number, original exterior & interior colors and completion date for the car.
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Good point on the Heritage Certificate containing interior and exterior colors for the car. Confirming those makes the effort worth while. Besides, I would like to have that certificate on my garage wall!

As for the more expensive certification process, I will leave that to the guys who show their cars. If you can't show it without spending the 500 bucks, I guess it is worth it. However, as I am a long way from that stage, I think I will spend the money on the car!