SF-LA-San Diego and back...this Thursday and Friday

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

365 GT 2+2

SF-LA-San Diego and back...this Thursday and Friday

Post by 365 GT 2+2 »

I need to be in LA and San Diego on business later this week and am thus rollin' the Queen down the coast and back. Probably on Thursday/Friday. It would be great to stop by and grab a coffee with any other vintage Ferrari owners (or enthusiasts) along the way. It's a quick trip but if there is anyone out there who would like to hook up and meet I'll take the appropriate route to make it happen.

As a side note, since I drive my car everyday Johannes at Dino Motors and I decided on a regularly scheduled maintenance and safety check every 2K miles just to look the car over and check for any potential issues (I drive my kids in the car --- just want to be as safe as possible). I picked up my car last week and I mentioned that I'd see him again much sooner than he thinks - in this case, I'll see him next week. This trip is easily going to be almost 2K miles when all is said and done. The guys at Dino motors did a really nice job.

As for the orange paint on the tips of my new Ansa system (which absolutely rips, by the way), Tom Y was absolutely right - the soot build up after a couple hundred miles almost completely covers the orange. Since I appreciate the 'look' I take a shop rag and dip it in some oil/grease remover and apply it to the tips, let it sit for a few minutes and then wipe it off. Seems to work.
Timo

Re: SF-LA-San Diego and back...this Thursday and Friday

Post by Timo »

Tom,
if Your route would, for some reason (?), include traveling on I-15, let me know, as Corona/Norco/Ontario (?) communities are not that far away for me and if our schedules would match, I'd be happy to join for a cup coffee. Also, as I mentioned during Your last visit, my shop is always available for any (but hopefully not needed) pit-stops.
Best,
Timo
Timo