(a very early) Letter to Santa

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

lukek

(a very early) Letter to Santa

Post by lukek »

So....what do you want for XMas? (substitute other relligious holiday where you get presents)
I am not sure if Santa reads this forum, but just in case...
I want me a new windshield (mine has chips and wiper tracks). I hope gt40 still has it....
Yes, it is early, but some of the Ferrari stuff takes a while to source.
I will have to refer Santa's agents to this thread then.
And you? Do you really want socks, or would you prefer some new chrome, lenses, carb rebuilds, Ferrari cufflinks, or what?

thx
luke, SF, CA--63 250 GTE

[img]http://www.griotsgarage.com/images/prod ... 143_MD.jpg[/img]
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
David Booth

Post by David Booth »

I'm thinking of asking for one of those small "wheeled crane" setups like the handicapped mechanic used in the movie Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Remember the one? Sort of a Bosun's Chair at the end of a boom, built onto a four-wheel chassis.

Okay, so that would be a bit of overkill, and I really do believe I'll get out of this damn cast some day. But the time is ticking down to next August and there's very little that can be done on a vintage Ferrari restoration from the seat of your pants, working on a card table in the middle of the wife's living room (..you can't leave that car stuff here, I'm hosting Book Club on Tuesday!"). Sigh...
lukek

Post by lukek »

I once put a car part in the dishwasher. You should have heard my "You can't put that stuff there".
It was perfectly logical to me...
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Ferrari parts are usually too expensive, or too difficult for the casual Santas, but gift certificates to a Sears can always be put to good use! Stay tuned to news about a new house where I can finally have my own shop and storage for my cars!

I'll want an air compressor, a sand blasting cabinet, air tools, a parts washer, a welder,....need I go on?

I don't know if there will be enough room for the cars AND the tools!

Tom
David Booth

Post by David Booth »

It sure took me a long time to figure it out, but the best way to insure that you don't get a bunch of stuff you don't really want or need at gift-giving time is to make a very specific list of things you do want, their part numbers, and the easiest way for people to get them. In addition to Sears, outfits like Griot's, Eastwood, Motorbooks, Gerald Roush, all make it very easy. And now that Snap-On sells on-line, your Spousal Unit doesn't need to fear flagging down the tool truck for you to get the goodies that you really want.