365 GTB/4 Smog Pump Help sought ?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Timo

365 GTB/4 Smog Pump Help sought ?

Post by Timo »

Does anyone here have experience disassembling 365 GTB/4 (Daytona) Air (Smog) Pump, or more specifically removal of its rotor/front-hub assembly from the housing ? There appear to be two small pins (?) right next to front bearing (?) and the hub, visible in the front of the housing after the clutch, its shaft and the plastic fan has been removed. Do these pins (?) lock the front bearing to housing ? And is the front bearing with hub and rotor pressed in as an assembly ?
Timo
Timo
Michael Bayer

Re: 365 GTB/4 Smog Pump Help sought ?

Post by Michael Bayer »

That pump and associated gear are all standard Genral Motors 70s parts, best sources are the Camero and corvette restoration sites, M
Michael J. Bayer
330GT s/n 9727
365GTC4 s/n 14943
Dino Spider s/n 1193
Timo

Post by Timo »

Thanks Michael,
if all else fails, I'll try decend to these (lower?) echelons automotive web worlds :wink:
Timo
Timo

Post by Timo »

Done. And for those who might care, rotor with front bearing and hub presses out as an assembly. Aforementioned pins have no relevance in this application.
Timo
Timo
carello

Post by carello »

Hi Timo, Do you have any photos of this operation? Or numbers/data found on the pump? This subject will be coming up again i am sure so any data would be welcome. Thank you
Craig
Timo

Post by Timo »

Craig,
I do, but it'll take me awhile to sort 'em, etc...so if I forget post 'em in the near future, please remind me ?
Timo
Timo
Timo

Post by Timo »

To any one who might care,
aforementioned "pins" are not actually pins, but instead tail-ends (?) of (nylon) plastic that's been injected through the small holes in the housing into a groove surrounding the bearing to act as a locking devise for the front bearing (sort of a "nylock ?).
Timo
Timo