Fiamm horn compressor

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

rbgdvm

Fiamm horn compressor

Post by rbgdvm »

I'm hoping someone can help me with the wiring on the compressor for my Fiamm Roadmaster horns. On the bottom of the compressor there are 2 screws; one is marked with an "H", the other has a silver arrow shaped clamp on it. I'm assuming that the ground is the black wire coming from the case. Can anyone offer some guidance?
Ron
'63 GTE #4151
"59 XK 150 DHC
tyang

Re: Fiamm horn compressor

Post by tyang »

My car's in Maryland, so I can't check.

Here's a picture of Ron's compressor:
Attachments
horn20.jpg
horn20.jpg (125.56 KiB) Viewed 6075 times
'63 330 America #5053
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Hi Ron,

Also look at the "Horn Detailing" thread farther down the page. There are some good reference photos there.

john
PF Coupe
250GT

Post by 250GT »

Hi
Looks to me like a " double pole connector "
those were available as an extra.
This means it could be use by the driver and copilot at the same time by a footswitch and ferrarihorn push button.
Take off the lower part/ ring by the two nuts and you will see.

C.
carello

Post by carello »

rbgdvm wrote:I'm hoping someone can help me with the wiring on the compressor for my Fiamm Roadmaster horns. On the bottom of the compressor there are 2 screws; one is marked with an "H", the other has a silver arrow shaped clamp on it. I'm assuming that the ground is the black wire coming from the case. Can anyone offer some guidance?
Ron
Ron we need the car build date/year and a photo of the top of the compressor clear enought to make out the date stamp please.

i dont know what the special arrow connention is, let's find out!

i present the 2 road Master compressor bottoms i am familiar with. Please note the 8mm crimped ring connector on the ground , this is the only correct ground terminal for this era Fiamm and is intended to be used at the compressor mount bracket bolts.
Craig
Attachments
TYang2FiammBottoms_1801.JPG
TYang2FiammBottoms_1801.JPG (113.32 KiB) Viewed 5959 times
250GT

Post by 250GT »

carello wrote:
rbgdvm wrote:I'm hoping someone can help me with the wiring on the compressor for my Fiamm Roadmaster horns. On the bottom of the compressor there are 2 screws; one is marked with an "H", the other has a silver arrow shaped clamp on it. I'm assuming that the ground is the black wire coming from the case. Can anyone offer some guidance?
Ron
Ron we need the car build date/year and a photo of the top of the compressor clear enought to make out the date stamp please.

i dont know what the special arrow connention is, let's find out!

i present the 2 road Master compressor bottoms i am familiar with. Please note the 8mm crimped ring connector on the ground , this is the only correct ground terminal for this era Fiamm and is intended to be used at the compressor mount bracket bolts.
Craig
Hi Graig,
I dont think in the old days Carello made a special bottom for englisch speaking people( H=hot)
Hot in italian is write as Caldo
I know you are THE Carello expert.
look at side:
http://www.fiamm.com/prods/mc2_ala_sti_0.pdf
So I believe it a Double connector.
But Iam open for corrections.
its only a hobby here

C.
carello

Post by carello »

Hello you horny researchers,
The letter H does not exist as a beginning letter of a word in Italian. Fiamm is a horn made in the thousands with the power terminal marked "H", i believe since the 1950's.
I do not know what the "H" stands for, maybe "Horn"?
I would like to know for the record myself. Do we have Yang contact with any 80 years old Fiamm employees?
:D
Craig