Forza Article

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

william

Forza Article

Post by william »

Received new copy of Forza has an article about the 330 GT 2+2 Quad headlight. Aslo an insert about the 330 America. Good article. Has anyone seen it?

William
horner

Post by horner »

Forza was supposed to do an article about Yale's and my cars. They test drove and photographed, with Hizzoner, Tom Yang in attendance. Haven't seen new article, but look forward to it. Maybe there are some photos of Yale's car? Jack Horner
william

Forza article

Post by william »

The car belongs to a Kevin O'neil purchased on ebay. and the 330 America belongs to Christopher Owens.

William
jsa3

Post by jsa3 »

This is dumb, but I looked thru the new issue (Nov?) of Forza at B&N and couldn't find the article. What page is it on?
JAshburne

Post by JAshburne »

That's because the article is in the December issue, with the 575M on the cover.
jsa3

Post by jsa3 »

The Dec. Forza finally showed up here. The article was written from an interesting point of view, mainly discussing the build quality of these production Ferraris. I think that was my biggest single surprise upon getting my 4HL 330 and having lots of repair and reconditioning done and doing lots of it myself - it is really built like a tank. I had never driven or even ridden in any Ferrari and I was expecting something mechanically refined for its era but basically somewhat shoddy-I have read about how Enzo was just interested in racing and rushed the production cars out to nameless rich Americans who just wanted something with a horse on it. I had also looked at two or three badly neglected 330 2+2's and 330 GTC's at a fly by night used sports car dealer here in Dallas in the mid 70's and they looked pretty junky to my "then-untrained" eye.

Another surprise was that my 40 year old car is truly an antique, or very rapidly becoming one. It is firmly rooted in the 1950's and even before, without a trace of government regulation or federalization, save the up to date seat/shoulder belts which I had installed.