Need Wiring Diagram GTE

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

alveltri

Need Wiring Diagram GTE

Post by alveltri »

Hi Everyone,
I'm in need of a wiring schematic for a '63 GTE series III. I have two schematics but they must be for earlier series because they do not have an Ammeter in the diagram. I bought two reproduction owner's manual off of ebay. They both show an interior with 4 center gauges and no ammeter and the back page wiring diagrams are the same. My car has 5 gauges including the Ammeter. I am looking for a GTE wiring diagram that has an ammeter in the schematics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
kare

Re: Need Wiring Diagram GTE

Post by kare »

As far as I know, there is none. Maybe you should compare 330GT diagram with the GTE one to see how it is connected. Best wishes, Kare
250 GT 2+2 3197/GT
330GT

Post by 330GT »

I've been working with Tom Wilson and it's been mostly done for a year or so. TomW needs to double check a few items. When it is complete, there will be versions that match the various electrical changes that occurred during production. This example is for a series III or America and shows the Olympic dash with the ammeter.
GTEWiringDiagram.jpg
GTEWiringDiagram.jpg (89.51 KiB) Viewed 11996 times
Maybe this will get Tom off his you know what and help me finish the project.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Dang! I was hoping to respond to this thread before Kerry! Yeah, I gotta finish that. Will be working on the car next weekend and will check the rest of the wiring. The drawing is pretty good though.
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
330GT

Post by 330GT »

alveltri wrote:...I'm in need of a wiring schematic for a '63 GTE series III...
If you have a specific question, I can probably answer it from what's already been done. There's just a few wires that we're not quite sure how they connect.

The ammeter wiring is pretty simple. One side is wired to the battery + side via the starter solenoid. The other side connects to the bottom two connectors of the 2x4 connection block on the middle of the right side of the fuse panel. These two connectors distribute all of the power to the car.
Panel No Fuse.jpg
Panel No Fuse.jpg (127.26 KiB) Viewed 11957 times
The power to the ammeter is not fused, so it behooves one to remove off the ground lead at the battery before fiddling around under the dashboard.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
TOMKIZER

Post by TOMKIZER »

One thing that might be worth doing, just for safety, is to put a $5.00 12 gage fusible link on the starter solenoid end of the 8 gage wire that runs from the solenoid to the plus side of the ammeter, and leave the fusible link part of the wire out of the conduit that carries that wire into the passenger compartment from the starter solenoid. If ever the charge current gets too high (several possible reasons), the fusible link at the starter end will sacrifice itself, save all that wiring behind the dash, and keep you from having to use your extinguisher. And the car will not fill up with smoke either. A judge will never know it's there.

Tom Kizer
The Voice of Experience
So many sidewalk cafés - so little time left.
1969 365 GT 2+2 S/N 12293 (Gone but not forgotten)
1967 230 SL 4-spd (Currently on CPR)
250GT

Post by 250GT »

Tom Kizer,
You're last 4 words are really very nice.
For those who got sidetracked :
"The Voice of Experience"

Cornelis.
Laurie Sparke

Post by Laurie Sparke »

Tom,
Laurie Sparke 1961 250 GTE, Australia you may remember.
I have no power to the fog lamp switch or fuse.
Which of the 5 relays provides the power?
Thanks,
Laurie
tyang

Post by tyang »

Laurie Sparke wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:24 am Tom,
Laurie Sparke 1961 250 GTE, Australia you may remember.
I have no power to the fog lamp switch or fuse.
Which of the 5 relays provides the power?
Thanks,
Laurie
HI Laurie,

The fog light is not a relay for the GTE. Are your interior lights working? There is a wire that feeds that circuit from a junction box on the fuse board. It has wires going to it that are held in place with flat head screws. These wires may have corroded and lost the feed to the fuse panel. Uncrew the connectors, see if you can clean the wires and reinsert them. With a continuity checker, you should be able to trace the circuit from the fuse holder to the junction box.

Good luck!

Tom

There's a picture above from a previous post with a blue circle around the junction block. One of these in this section feeds the fog light circuit.
'63 330 America #5053
Terry Gardiner

Post by Terry Gardiner »

Has the wiring diagram, or should that be ‘set of wiring diagrams’, found its way onto 250gte.com in the resources section? I’ve looked quickly and didn’t see it. It’s the perfect place and I’d like to politely request that it ends up there.
Tx
Terry Gardiner
250GTE - #4681
365BB - #18131
tyang

Post by tyang »

GTEwiring.jpg
Let's see if this is enough resolution

Tom
'63 330 America #5053