250gt pf2

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

sagaponack

250gt pf2

Post by sagaponack »

very interested in acquiring a 250gt pf2 in dark blue,black, or dark grey. Fully restored.

pls email

rwiesenthal@nyc.rr.com
Jim

Post by Jim »

Mike sheehan has one .

www.ferraris-online.com
sagaponack

Post by sagaponack »

It does not have the hood scoop and 235,000 euros mst be an all time high price for a pf2.

Dosen't seem excessive?
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

In one of the auction reports of the current Sports Car Market a similar car brought a similar price as Sheehan's. It is noted that this model has "quadrupled" in price in the past years. In another auction report of the same issue a "condition 4" PF Cab II fetched about $140k.
sagaponack

Post by sagaponack »

At barrett jackson last year one went for about $175 before fees.

Do think not having a hood scoop is a big deal?
David Booth

Post by David Booth »

There are a few Series II cabs available right now, but your color choice does limit the field since most of them have been re-painted "resale red". I doubt that the one M. Sheehan has for sale with the coupe-style hood (no intake vent) will move the value needle much one direction or the other - it's simply an interesting detail since it seems that it's properly documented. At the time the production run of cabriolets was underway, details like recessed headlights, fender-side vents, special dash instruments and layouts, fog light placement, and obviously the hood style could all be special ordered on your particular car, without it being a true "speciale".

As far as their market value quadrupling recently, the decimal point would seem to be in the wrong spot in this discussion. It's more like a 40% increase from the low point of a few years ago. At the height of the late 80s frenzy, they were over $300k. They had sunk to a low ebb of around $125k but some nice examples have changed hands recently just over $200k and it's hard to find a complete one in about any condition much below $150k.
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

I agree with Booth. But the majority of the gain in the asking price of these cars seems to have happened in the past 12-18 months.

As for the hood scoop, I prefer the Coupe cars without the scoop, but the Cabriolet I would take either way. The scoop is not really very becoming of an elegant tourer, in my opinion.

John Vardanian