Advertising

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Advertising

Post by tyang »

Hello All,

If you'll notice, I started showing a few ads on the top of the journal pages to the restoration diary. It's a way to keep the suppliers who want to advertise on this site from filling the message board with "stickies."

If you'd like to advertise on a website that reaches Vintage Ferrari owners, and future owners, e-mail me.
tom@tomyang.net

Thanks!

Tom
Yale

Post by Yale »

I would just like to say that Tom has been thinking for a while how he can offset some of his costs for doing this site in the most copacetic manner. Seems to me that the new low key "logo" ads for services is really a wonderful way to go about this and if he does end up with more ads from suppliers I think it will make this site even more important and useful for all of us. Yale
Adnaan

Post by Adnaan »

I think the advertising is a good idea. Tom is obviously spending a lot of money running maintaining the site for, well us really. The site is free for us to use, so advertisers can benefit from our traffic while Tom can benefit from their advertising.

Win win situation.
Adnaan Rasool
London, England.

1991 Mondial t - Rosso/Cream
fest

inetiviatable?

Post by fest »

it is somewhat saddening to see 'our' thing
become commercialized

but

this site DOES generate a lot of traffic
and Tom, you DO expend a lot of effort on this
so it is only fair that you be compensated;
a much better solution to the dilemna
than 'membership fees' for example

and it is (admittedly)
a good way to put suppliers
in front of what is (lets face it)
a rather esoteric group of clients

dealing with a few Ads
at the top of the posts
seems a small price to pay
for such a great resource
(hey, I might even find a source
I was previously unaware of!)
tyang

Post by tyang »

Yale is right, I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to make this site cover some of my expenses.

It all started with a need to document my Ferrari restoration in an organized manner instead of having a shoebox full of pictures like my previous cars. When I started this website, there was very little Vintage Ferrari information freely shared on the Internet, let alone any where else!, so I built this site as one I would like to visit!

In four years, this site has grown in popularity beyond my dreams. I spend a lot of time building it, but I still enjoy the work and the people I've met. I appreciate the support!

Tom
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

I read the message board every day and have not found the stickies to be any problem. As long as they are quality vendors and can help the site stay on the net, I am all for it. And to take it a step further, after reading the first message, I purchased the Jack Hole Plugs from Tom Shaughnessy and am quite pleased with them. Had a great converstation with Tom as well. I plan to drop by his shop next time I head down to San Diego.