Small world

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Keith Milne

Small world

Post by Keith Milne »

As some of you know, a little over two years ago I bought GT #7137 from a gentleman in Pennsylvania and had it shipped to California. The car was literally stored in a barn for several years and he had never transferred ownership. This past week, my mother was visiting from Pennsylvania and the car came up in discussion. She was curious about the history so I dug out the folder of papers that came with it. The title I had was signed by a previous owner, dated 1994, in a city that happened to be close to where she lived. I handed her the title and her eyes about popped out of her head. "I used to play tennis with his wife!" Apparently, they had moved to Maryland several years earlier and they had lost touch. A quick call to 411 found the the couple, my mother was reunited with a lost friend, and I had a nice talk with the previous owner who remembered the car well. It was bought along with seven other cars (and another Ferrari, which he could not remember the model) and a motorcycle. He said he drove the car for a while, had a lot of problems with the clutch and did not particularly like the it. Ironically, 7137 leaves for the body shop on Monday for restoration - nearly ten years after he sold it.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Keith,

I LOVE that story! I guess your owning #7137 was meant to be!...at least keep telling yourself that when the body work bills start rolling in!

Tom