GTC fuel pump and clutch work

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Jumprun

GTC fuel pump and clutch work

Post by Jumprun »

While sorting out my clutch hydraulic system, I found a leak where the steel pressure line connects at the master cylinder, the flare and tube were damaged and not sealing, so I replaced the whole line. This tube has two different flares; the one at the master is an ISO/DIN type bubble flare, 115 degrees, the one that connects at the rubber hose is a 37 degree single flare
11157 progress 030.jpg
11157 progress 030.jpg (91.37 KiB) Viewed 4470 times
I also needed to replace the flare nut for this line at the master, which has an M12 x 1.25 thread, I reused the other nut which is a finer thread.

My FISPA 150 mechanical fuel pump also started leaking so I sent it to "Then And Now" automotive restorations in Weymouth Mass.
here are some photos of the parts they replaced. the main pivot pin was worn enough to need replacement, which they did using a new pin with snap rings at both ends. I haven't started the car yet to test it, but I can't help but be optimistic. The price and turnaround time were remarkable; both fast and cheap. I called them to inquire where they got all the parts and they said some are stock parts and others they've had made, they said they do more than a few of these Ferrari pumps.
11157 progress 029.jpg
11157 progress 029.jpg (124.39 KiB) Viewed 4470 times
Here it is installed in the beast, I'm sorry I didn't take a picture of before installation because the cosmetics are very nice, it's now the cleanest part on my car.
--Tom, in California
Attachments
11157 progress 031.jpg
11157 progress 031.jpg (108.53 KiB) Viewed 4470 times
Steve Meltzer

Re: GTC fuel pump and clutch work

Post by Steve Meltzer »

I too, may need to replace those flare ends for my GTC. Did you buy the complete part from one of the vendors, buy new generic tubing from a FLAPS and bend it yourself, reuse what you had, or? Glad the fuel pump rebuild worked out well. thanx. steve
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
Jumprun

Post by Jumprun »

Steve, very good questions. I did not buy the part from a vendor. I bought the tube from my FLAPS, the M12x 1.25 DIN tube nut was bought on Ebay ( it was the only place I could find one) I also needed to buy the bubble flare too, I had the 37 degree tube flare tool in my tool chest. I got waylayed before I could do the final bleed, so I can't claim victory yet.

Yes the pump rebuild was great, the car started and ran quite well...no leaks either, i have not had the car up to speed so I can't claim victory because it can only perform better than the worn one which worked quite well, excepting the leak.

-Tom
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

thanx for the info and best of luck. s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."

Post by 8339 »

Guys, if you are looking for hydraulic lines and fittings go to FedHill. www.fedhill.com