365gt2+2 sunroof pics please

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

gino

365gt2+2 sunroof pics please

Post by gino »

Last year there was a thread referencing this option, however I have yet to find a good picture of one. There are two types a hard version, perhaps similar to the Alfa Romeo designs and a soft fabric design. Also, despite my efforts I have been unable to find the picture of the 365 gt2+2 with a 250SWB style "hood scoop." I am continuing my research and my saving and any info would be greatly appriciated. Also do judges deduct point for those of you with headrest on your seats? I would find it dificult to judge these cars due to the number of unofficial option that customers were able to get with the right amount of $$.

PS: Does anyone have a valid email for Zac, I am very interested in his restoration progress.

Gino
Catania, Italy
bill rose

Post by bill rose »

Gino ... my US version came standard with headrests, so I would receive a deduction if they WEREN'T present.

Also, there is a 365GT2+2 with the hoodscope, here in California. The car is original ... and also has a passager-only headrest, that was added especially for the initial owner (for comfort, not safety). It's a good example of the "specials" that Ferrari would build.
Bryan P

Post by Bryan P »

365gt2+2 s/n 11901 allegedly has a hood scoop. It was in Maryland in 1998 - white w/ tan - does anyone know where it is now? was the one you saw white, Bill?

On the headrest issue - I thought that headrests became standard equipment on all Ferraris sometime in either late 1968 or 1969 in response to U.S. legal requirements.
bill rose

Post by bill rose »

Bryan ... you are correct, headrests were standard on Calif. cars. And, yes, the car I saw was white.
bill rose

Post by bill rose »

I should say ... US models.
fest

auto

Post by fest »

speaking of rare options
on 365 GT 2+2s

I am still trying to locate S/N 12317
which had an Automatic Transmission installed

rumored to have been converted
@ Chinetti in NYC (by Dick Fritz)

Car was at 180 SportsClassics (?)
in NYC for a stretch
(don't rightly know how long)
I first spotted it circa 2000

then advertised by PA Mototsports (?)
for a while after that

then advertised by evintagemotors (????)
in Houston, TX this year
(but I lost the link)

I am thinking about trading up to this car
(when the time comes)
and have been tracking it...
any leads appreciated
(or one of the others converted-
some sources say 7, some 4)

now don't get huffy
I have a slight disability
and have trouble w/a stick

I would really like to see this car
end up with a collector
who will restore it lovingly
instead of it being shuffled
from dealer to dealer
as an 'investment'

ANY LEADS IN LOCATING THIS CAR
MUCHLY APPRECIATED
gino

Thank you all.

Post by gino »

I was beginning to think I was imagining. I had seen a picture on the net from a classic concourse last year and foolishly did not save the picture or the link. Once again, I would greatly appreciate any photos of these cars. Another observation of mine during my research is the headlight covers. The prototype had a chrome ring around the outer lip similar to the 275s. Are headlight covers another points issue with judges not that I agree whole hearted with judges. I respect their knowledge, however disagree with there views, especially with cars as personal as classic Ferrari. How would the 456 station wagon or the famous bred van be judged or the Testarossa cabrio?
wspeer

Post by wspeer »

the 365 2+2, with the automatic transmission, is still here in houston. the transmission is supposedly the 7th automatic installed. it has all ferrari parts but was not factory installed, as advertised by 180 sports. the car does belong to a local collector that has another 365 gt 2+2 that was bought at barrett-jackson in january 2003.

12317 is an original car ( barring any paint or interior work that i don't know about) that needs some freshening up before using it as a daily driver. the owner has seriously considered converting the car to 456 running gear to make the car more modern and user friendly. if you are interested in the car, please email me at wspeer@wt.net. i do not represent the owner, but simply know him. i will be more than happy to pass along any info to him on this car.