Ferrari paint colors

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

jsa330

Ferrari paint colors

Post by jsa330 »

Does anyone know of an online source where I can see early Ferrari colors matched to their Factory names & numbers? I have Keith Bluemel's "Original Ferrari V12" that has the colors listed but nothing to match them to.
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Jonathan Brent is cataloging the colors at the following site:

http://www.jb330gt.com/Colors.htm

he may have what you are looking for.
jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

Great Site - he has really done a big service for other owners. Very helpful. Thanks!
Deane

Post by Deane »

The PPG ColorLibrary at (440) 572-2800 may be able to fax PPG Ferrari color codes and corresponding Ferrari names to you, from your period of interest. Then you can use those codes to have various colors of your choice sprayed out from a small quantity of lacquer. That's how I chose "tourbillon" blue for my car.
Deane
'67 330GTS (gone but not forgotten)
jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

After a talk with the bodyshop I'm giong to have to get over the idea of weaseling a new "Rosso Rubino" paint job with insurance $$ and some extra cash. 15 grand minus the insurance money for the complete down to bare metal and back job. The owner pretty well
gave me Mr. Sheehan's story, in excruciating line by line detail. So, I'll spend $1,000 on top of the ins.$$ to get some annoyance bits fixed and continue to have a very nice driver. When the going price for a top end 4HL 330 gets to $125K then I'll spend another $35K on my car, and that probably won't be in my life expectancy range.
Yale

Post by Yale »

What color was your car originally and what iss the S/N if I may ask?. BEst, Yale