Lower rocker panel trim

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

cory

Re: Lower rocker panel trim

Post by cory »

SLM wrote:I would be curious of the length. I have 2 rocker trim pieces from a 250 parts lot I purchased along time ago. They were supposed to be for a GTE but are not correct. They must be for another Ferrari model. They measure 72.25".
Steve
330's look to be around 67.75"
tyang

Post by tyang »

Darren C wrote:Thanks Guy's,

Just when I thought I was getting on top of my "Parts I need" list! :roll:

I thinks its item 11 here:

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/partTable.a ... B=29795&S=

And in stock at £65.56 GBP each

No mention of fixings though?

Maybe a picture of the concealled type would be good....Tom?
Hi Darren,

I looked through all my pictures of trim pieces and found nothing of the back side of trim with the blind securing bolts. I'll see if I have anything at the shop that I can photograph for you.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Darren C

Post by Darren C »

peterp wrote:I will be able to post pictures and dimensions tomorrow. These things are basically a long stick of metal, so they should be really easy to fabricate (especially after what you've been through Darren!).
Exactly Peter, at £65 each they are far far too rich for me when you could make a pair for £10 !
330GT 2+2 4HL 6727
Small things make perfection, but perfection is no small thing.
Darren C

Post by Darren C »

cory wrote:Thanks Darren. I have an email into to them to check there availability. $100 each. Unclear if they are NOS or used. Amazingly enough the site shows the bolts costing more than the trim!
Hi Cory, I think you are looking at the Jacking hole plugs (something else I gotta make) and mistaking them for the bolts. The drawing isn't that clear even when you expand it.
Regards
Darren
330GT 2+2 4HL 6727
SLM

Post by SLM »

Here they are.
Attachments
rocker3.JPG
rocker3.JPG (137.55 KiB) Viewed 11395 times
rocker2.JPG
rocker2.JPG (97.69 KiB) Viewed 11395 times
rocker1.JPG
rocker1.JPG (87.59 KiB) Viewed 11395 times
62 250GTE S/N 3733
cory

Post by cory »

These are actually the trim pieces that cover the pinch weld where the top of the rocker meets the bottom of the front half of the quarter panel, door sill, and bottom rear half of the front fender. Easier to explain using Darrens eurospare attatchment: part number 9. These are used on 330's.
Cory
cory

Post by cory »

Darren C wrote:Thanks Guy's,

Just when I thought I was getting on top of my "Parts I need" list! :roll:

I thinks its item 11 here:

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/partTable.a ... B=29795&S=

And in stock at £65.56 GBP each

No mention of fixings though?

Maybe a picture of the concealled type would be good....Tom?
Eurospares is out of them.
cory

Post by cory »

SLM wrote:Here they are.
If my last post was confusing: Using my first pic posted on this thread, they go on the pinch weld below the green tape, above the jacking holes, the length of the car on each side. Hard pieces to find in good shape.
Darren C

Post by Darren C »

It pains me to see holes drilled in these trims. I saw a beautiful RHD silver 330GT 2+2 Series 1 4HL at Goodwood Revival parked in the pre 73 car park with two wood screws in this trim. The front one was a cross head screw and the rear a slot screw. The wood screws were countersunk head and the holes in the trim and body of the car were only just big enough for the shank of the screw so their countersunk heads stood proud! It totally put me off the car and I can't even begin to understand why someone would do this when the correct clips are so basic and take minutes to make.

I'm wondering if Tom has mistaken these fixings for the lower trim ones as SLM has with the trims?

The lower trims Cory is looking for seem to have 4 x holes and not concealed fixings like the higher stainless ones. Are these what you meant Tom....

330GT 2+2 4HL 6727
peterp

Post by peterp »

I measured the trim. It is 67 1/8" in total length measured from the top edge of the trim (which is the widest part because the trim is tapered as can be seen in the photos). The height of the trim is between 21 and 22mm. I'm not sure what it's made out of -- the were pretty light, so I don't think it's steel -- maybe aluminum.

The 4 screw holes in the trim are countersunk. From the top front edge (the longest point since the ends are tapered at the bottom), the first hole is 1", the second one is 22 7/8", the third is 44 1/2" and the fourth is 66 1/4". The weld seam on the bottom should have for holes predrilled in these positions. I used screws with backing nuts to fasten them. The color is a very low sheen matte black.

These are pics of the NOS trim before I installed them (the first with flash and the second without):

This is what they look like installed on the car:

Peter P
1966 330 2+2 series 2 #8169
peterp

Post by peterp »

Steve - This looks like the stainless steel trim above the rocker rather than the trim for the weld seam below the rocker. I didn't measure those, but the seam trim is 67 1/8", and the stainless steel trim above it is definitely longer, so 72.25" sounds about right for that piece fitting a 330. I will try to measure that trim when I get a chance.
Peter P
1966 330 2+2 series 2 #8169
cory

Post by cory »

peterp wrote:I measured the trim. It is 67 1/8" in total length measured from the top edge of the trim (which is the widest part because the trim is tapered as can be seen in the photos). The height of the trim is between 21 and 22mm. I'm not sure what it's made out of -- the were pretty light, so I don't think it's steel -- maybe aluminum.

The 4 screw holes in the trim are countersunk. From the top front edge (the longest point since the ends are tapered at the bottom), the first hole is 1", the second one is 22 7/8", the third is 44 1/2" and the fourth is 66 1/4". The weld seam on the bottom should have for holes predrilled in these positions. I used screws with backing nuts to fasten them. The color is a very low sheen matte black.

These are pics of the NOS trim before I installed them (the first with flash and the second without):

This is what they look like installed on the car:

Thanks Peter for taking the time to help! Let the work begin.
Cory
Lowell

Post by Lowell »

Lowell Brown
1966 Gold 330 2+2 Series II
cory

Post by cory »

Hard to find pieces. They can be straightened by a good metal guy. Mine were about the same condition.
SLM

Post by SLM »

True.Easy fix by a metal shop and they are not stainless.
cory wrote:Hard to find pieces. They can be straightened by a good metal guy. Mine were about the same condition.
62 250GTE S/N 3733