Tools for the toolkit

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

cory

Tools for the toolkit

Post by cory »

Hi all,
I am trying to put together together a toolkit for an early 330GT, painful! I have the bag and 500gram hammer. Anybody have any sources for good repop tools? I have seen Parkers catalog. I called Mike Dunns old business for a webber wrench, they are all out. Seems like the spark plug wrench and jack will be difficult items to locate.
Thank You
330GT

Re: Tools for the toolkit

Post by 330GT »

David Carte for the spark plug wrench repro.

Call Parker as he has items not in his catalog,
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

I have some Beta 55 wrenches. They are not the "original" Beta Auto 55 or Beta 55, but date from the early 1980s. They might not fool a knowlegable concours judge, but they look correct and are real Beta 55 wrenches. PM me for more info.
daffy

Post by daffy »

Italian USAG, are still producing the wood handle screwdrivers. Hard to find.

http://www.attrezzieutensili.it/en/854- ... crewdriver

When you find them in Italy they are nearly for free.

I have found them all. 100 % like original. Just remove the brand USAG
330 GT 2+2 Serie II VIN 8495, 1966
Fiat DINO Coupe 246, 1971
Fiat Ritmo Abarth 1988
ISO Milano Diva 1959
Audi Urquattro 1984
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, 2006
cory

Post by cory »

Will pursue all suggestions. As always, thank you for support.
Cory
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

I've noticed on eBay that a guy named Tony Randazzo, I think that's his name, offers a complete repro tool kit. Are these reasonably accurate? Worth the freight, or are they turkeys? Happy Thanksgiving. steve meltzer
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
cory

Post by cory »

Steve
I have heard the kits are accurate but have never seen one in person or heard of anyone using them in judging. All his items are pricey and stay on ebay for a while. He does have a lot of it though!
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Yep, agreed. I bought one thing from him last year, and it was a bit high, but most things are even higher! Hope others comment on the tool kit.
My GTC would be better with a kit, even if it was a good repro. s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
afwrench

Post by afwrench »

Hi guys, re; Tony Randazzo,I bought some parts from him a few years ago face to face. He is a nice guy and was willing to bargain. Perhaps a little dickering might result in a better deal. Best regards,Mke
72,365gtc4,14681,2007 599 GTB
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

thanx for the tip. He was nice to deal with by email, prompt and responsive as I recall. Sure would like to hear comments about his repro kit. s
steve meltzer,
cory

Post by cory »

Just a follow up. I did pursue contacting David Carte. Does make a lot of the tools needed for our kits. His contact is davidcarte@hotmail.com. Very nice to talk to. He said to email with needs and he will get back to you with prices. What I have found so far is Parker Hall has his catalog, Tom S. seems to be reproducing it all, David Carte reproducing it all. All tools accepted at judging events. The search continues!
Darren C

Post by Darren C »

I bought a grille that goes on the scuttle between the wipers off Tony Randazzo. He was a pleasure to deal with, so I can echo Mike's remarks above.
The traders on Ebay have generally been very good and reliable except for a very rude dealer called "rusty-tubs" that I was unfortunate enough to have a purchase rejected and un-necessary hostile emails!
Caveat Emptor.
330GT 2+2 4HL 6727
Small things make perfection, but perfection is no small thing.
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

There was some discussion, awhile back, about one of the members of the list making, or offering a reasonable facsimile of the tool roll for 330 GTC. Does anyone know the current status of that offering, or others who might have the roll itself? thanx steve
steve meltzer,
cory

Post by cory »

Pliers.... Apparently there are subtle differences between the pliers used for the 250,275, and 330's. I have seen Kerrys picture of an original set. I am assuming lengths are the same and the differences are with the handle knurling. Can anybody add, confirm and or clarify the madness.
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

Cory: The common tools were purchased in batches from local hardware suppliers. When the factory ran out of a batch of pliers, they either made a run to the supplier or sent out a request for bids. It is normal for these tools to have variances from car to car and year to year. Anybody who tells you that certain cars had specificly styled tools is not operating in reality. For Ferrari, what tools went in what bag was the LAST thing they cared about. However, you can reach some general conclusions as to style of tools, early cars that had pliers tended to have pliers painted all black, then they used pliers with black painted handles, later cars usually had all chrome, and very late cars began to see rubberized coated handles. Eventually, the factory began buying preassembled kits with tools imprinted with the Ferrari logo.