Fantastic Tom! Congratulations!

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

JonBrent

Fantastic Tom! Congratulations!

Post by JonBrent »

Well done Tom,

I'm sure you couldn't be happier, or more proud - all the hard work has finally paid off.

I can't wait to see and hear the video.

Thanks again for all the hard work you've put into this site too, it is a great motivator and resource.

Cheers,
Jon

ps. I'm really really jealous! :lol:
Peter Bain

Post by Peter Bain »

Congratulations Tom!

I've been watching your progress from nearly the beginning. I felt the disappointments when things didn't go well, cringed at the parts that you had to order, was excited when you made progress, was intrigued when you taught us interesting things about vintage Ferraris, and today I actually got goose bumps when I read your entry.

Thanks for all your hard work and generosity in sharing it with us. I don't think you will ever realize how much fun it has been for me and many others.

Cheers - and here's to the next 50 miles and the 50,000 after that (at that point we might get to watch you do a complete engine rebuild) ;-)

Peter
Bernard Fahimian

First drive

Post by Bernard Fahimian »

Hi Tom, very happy for you. I am as excited as you on this first drive. The smells and fumes are the same things i remember when i first drove my car and i know how you feel. I am looking forward in seeing you and your car at one of the events; perhaps Monterey!!??Bernard
tim

Post by tim »

Fun, isn't it. Even after 25 years of ownership, I still get that feeling when I drive mine. Congradulations. tim
simonc

Post by simonc »

Greeeeat news :D :D :D
Doug

How Sweet It Is!

Post by Doug »

Tom,

What a ride you've given us all (and with plenty more to come). Congratulations.

Yeah there's plenty more to do, but just keep on driving it a while. Like the man said, ya gotta use it to keep it running right.

Though I don't suppose you'll be taking it to Hershey this weekend. They are predicting rain. This will be my first time there but I understand it pretty much rains every year. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Doug
tyang

Post by tyang »

Thanks Guys!

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face! After such a long time of working on this car, it's surreal to have a car that I can jump in, turn the key, and drive it!

I have a long list of things that need tending to, so I'll have to refrain from driving the car all the time!

You know...Ferrari may be the Featured Marque in Monterey '04...

Tom
Bryan P

Post by Bryan P »

Tom - BRAVO!! So now you can start your next project! 'Tom Yang's Lusso Restoration Site"?!?!?!?!?
Congratulations!

Bryan
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Bryan,

Woah there! I've still got plenty to do on the 330 America! Unless someone's going to give me a Lusso, I doubt that will happen anytime soon!

BTW, Doug, I'll only be at Hershey on Friday.

Tom
judge4re

Post by judge4re »

Tom:

I hate to tell you this, but the smile never goes away.

Enjoy and congrats!!!

Erik
lukek

re: first drive

Post by lukek »

A very small percentage of the population has the talent and the PATIENCE to do what you did. And even a smaller percent would decide to share the knowledge. A bona fide effort, indeed !

Thanks, and may the FORZA be with you
Luke, #4823, 1963 250 GTE Silver/black

PS> See you SF, California Italian Car types at the Alameda Special Olympics car show this Sunday.
Mike Theo

BRAVO!!!

Post by Mike Theo »

Bravo Tom, just a big fat BRAVO! I have been following your adventure for quite a while, so I can't read your latest greatest news without remembering you under the car scraping undercoating. You are a real inspiration, especially since you have displayed such class all along the way. You have provided me/us with a wealth of knowledge and experience. Thanks, and please keep it up.

Bravo,

Mike
Tom Wilson

First Drive

Post by Tom Wilson »

Outstanding! I have been following your work since close to the beginning and like all on the site am truely excited to finally "drive" along with you! This site keeps me inspired as I slowly move along the path of restoration of 250 GTE # 4247. Yesterdays post assures me that it can be done. Keep up the good work and let us know when you drive it out to California!
Keith Milne

Post by Keith Milne »

Good job Tom! Congratulations. After a year, I am just now installing the exhaust system on my car. Hopefully, I'll be able to take it for a spin soon as well!
keenan_joe

More Congratulations!!!

Post by keenan_joe »

Wow! what an amazing feat! Thank You for sharing your adventure. I am constantly amazed by your patience.

Have a Great Day,

Joe Keenan