330 ebay

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

william

330 ebay

Post by william »

whats the deal with the 330 on ebay? I was considering placing a bid. Would I be smart to stay away from this car? any thoughts?

William
jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

You've got a minimum $20K project there, and that's just to do the stuff listed, with some unexpected thrown in. 68K is alot of miles and 15 years is a long time to sit. Still, as the owner of a 330 4HL, it's nice to see this car attracting the attention it is. I hope it does go to someone who wants to get it going and then work on it over a period of time, rather than to chop up and part out.
fuiszt

Post by fuiszt »

No ferrari purchase is ever rational. Just make sure you're budget has an extra 10-15K over the bid price (but this one would still scare me...this is the sort of car somebody just wants to be rid of, and that person might be you after you own it)
Maybe Tom could add a wanted section to this site so compulsive 330 buyers could form some sort of support group.
ferrariguyma

330GT, I unearthed pictures of car "as found" by d

Post by ferrariguyma »

Just email me at andrew@cwcsoftware.com and I will send any interested parties the pictures Motorcar Galleries sent me when they had just purchased the car.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Maybe Tom could add a wanted section to this site so compulsive 330 buyers could form some sort of support group.
I thought this place was for compulsive buyers, and owners!
JAshburne

Post by JAshburne »

This car was advertised for $21.5K by Motorcar Gallery in November 2002, so this guy stands to make a few bucks with the current high bid at $25.1K.

I always wonder though, about people who buy a car like this to restore and then decide to sell it a short time later. What did they find out that changed their minds and that they aren't telling us?

Still, it seems that it should be saved though. Even putting another $20K into it for the work wouldn't be horrible IF, (big IF) the engine and other major mechanical components don't need work. Assuming then you would have a nice, safe, fully sorted car with loads of patina for $45K.

Sincere good luck to the winning bidder.

John Ashburne
william

Post by william »

Thanks for all the Advise.

I may hold out on this one, but I too want this car to go to the right person not some one in it for money or some conversion.

William
jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

This looks like a decent car, priced reasonably.

http://hemmings.com/index.cfm/fuseactio ... _id/203270
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

The purchase of a car like this is solely an emotional affair.

If I were buying a car like this the two most important things would be the condition and the color scheme of the exterior and the interior. The engine is a known quantity (especially to the likes of us). The dark gray looks very nice on this car, but I would be looking for a dark tan (pumpkin or cinnamon) interior. A new interior is a considerable cost item. The interior of this car especially seems too worn and the color scheme compromises the nice dark gray of the exterior.

John Vardanian
william

Post by william »

I called on the black 330 in hemmings it was sold last week actually the day before I called!!!! The sales person said the car was in need of total restoration?

I to think the color combo is important on these cars. I love the pumpkin color or orange/tan colors, very rich on dark color cars. Red would also look good on the dark grey.

William
fest

Post by fest »

I like this thing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2454023408

great ad, very succinct
no BS

PS with those wheels, reminds me of the 365 Tre-posti
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

William,

Speaking of nice colors. Check out Yale Evelev's 330 in the owners' gallery. Very nice color scheme on almost any Ferrari.

John Vardanian
william

Post by william »

John,

sounds like we have the same tastes when it comes to colors.
I would love to send you some photos of my restored Avanti- Saphire Blue with pecan leather, the leather has an orange hugh very soft looking-goes well with the blue that is very blue in the sun but almost black at night or on a real cloudy day. your right Yale has a beautiful car nice color combo.

William
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

William,

I'd love to see the pictures. My email is jav7@pge.com.

john