330 ebay

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

If I ever get to a complete repaint and new interior for my 330 4HL I will use Dave Letterman's car - 500 Superfast, I think, that was discussed here as a color model. It was a unique deep sea blue with a "pumpkin" colored interior.
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

John,

I agree with your taste in color, I think Yale's car is Sera Blue Metallic (my series II has the same color exterior but a tan interior). Personally, my favorite color scheme is the one on your 250 PF coupe.

Bluecat49,

I believe you are referring to one of David Letterman's other cars. His Superfast is in Francois' shop and it is silver (previously red).

Regards,

Art S.
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

One further comment regarding Sera Blue - http://www.modena-motorsport.de/e_home.html has a veriety of models including a 250 GTE and 250 California in this color all with cream interiors. Interesting to see how how a number of different models look in a particular color scheme (other than red!).
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Art S.

Thanks. The color scheme of my car compliments the lines of the PF Coupe very nicely, but I doubt it would work for a 330 or a Lusso. Colors are funny like that.

Many of us don't realize it but the color scheme of a car plays an important role in the resale of the car. So if one is thinking of a new makeover it would pay to think out the color scheme carefully.

Fantasy Junction has a beautifully restored 275 GTB Longnose for sale. In the pictures the car's color scheme is just perfect. In person the paint, although of excellent quality, is like the 1990's Dodge colors, where the panels seem one color from one angle and a completely different color from another.

John Vardanian
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Guys,

Dave has a 400 Superamerica that is blue with a "pumpkin" interior, and a 500 Superfast that is silver with a red interior. I believe 400 was photographed in Forza, and the 500 has yet to be seen by the public.

Yale's car has the same color "pumkin" interior.

Tom
fuiszt

Post by fuiszt »

Strong price on the ebay 330 with needs...35.6K.
New benchmark?
JAshburne

Post by JAshburne »

I saw Dave's 400SA with the blue exterior and pumpkin interior at the Greenwich Concours last June (in the same ring as my 400i) and then a couple of weeks later at the Hartford Concorso.

It's a beautifully elegant color combination and the pumpkin leather interior looks sumptious.

John