Any 250PFs for sale?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

400iman

Any 250PFs for sale?

Post by 400iman »

Anyone know of any 250PF coupes for sale, projects or nice drivers? I haven't seen any in many months. John V., you wouldn't be looking to sell yours anytime soon, would you? What is the name of that color? I haven't seen it before.

Udo Schuelke
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Udo,

Thanks for the compliment. We like the car too much to let it go. The color is called grigio moderno (modern gray), no mention of green at all. I haven't seen any in this color either and haven't seen it on the list of available colors. It could have been the first owner's invention. I am certain it is the factory color as the caps at the tops of the door interiors still are in the fctory paint. I know this from a note attached to the back side of the caps in the restoreres handwriting.

Do you live in Europe? There are at least two or three Series I cars for sale there. There is also at least one Series II car. Check out this site:
http://www.ferraribuy.com/fb/index.php it has a couple for sale.

I don't know of any in the US at the moment. You may check with Mike Sheehan.

If I can be of any help otehrwise, please let me know.

John Vardanian
kare

Grigio MM 16650

Post by kare »

As it may be of some interest to you, let me add that 250GT Series I Cabriolet 0795GT was also painted "Grigio MM16650" as a new car (now yellow). I am not aware of any further Ferraris originally painted in this color.

I am very happy that whoever restored your car, kept the original color!

Best wishes, Kare
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Kare,

Thanks for your note. Seems 0795GT was painted exactly the same color as mine. My color is propoerly called "Grigio Moderno MM16650". The MM stands for Max Meyer. Would this be the manufacturer of the paint?

I appreciated your input.

John Vardanian
400iman

Post by 400iman »

John, thanks for the reply. Your car certainly is beautiful. Do you have any larger, higher resolution pics you could email? My email is evexotics@yahoo.com.

While my name gives away my German roots, I am actually 1st generation American, born, raised, and still living in Phoenix, AZ.

I will drop Mike Sheehan a line. I almost bought 2081 which he sold last year, but I spoke to a mechanic in Denver that had had it in his shop for months (might have been years), and he talked me out of it. Short of the 7 figure cars, the PFs and Elenas have the most classy shape in my opinion.

Udo
El Wayne

Post by El Wayne »

John Vardanian wrote:The MM stands for Max Meyer. Would this be the manufacturer of the paint?
Yes it is.