Windshield Wiper Arms for GTC

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Steve Meltzer

Windshield Wiper Arms for GTC

Post by Steve Meltzer »

in '09 Kerry posted info that someone had passed onto him stating that the wiper arms for a late '60's MGB/C and it's accompanying blades would fit a GTC or 330 GT. Can anyone confirm this? It's too good to be true and seemingly an obscure X-reference. thanx steve
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
todaxyz

Re: Windshield Wiper Arms for GTC

Post by todaxyz »

Steve,
I remember that post and purchased a set for my GTC. While the finish is correct, there was an annoying screw on the top of the arm that distracted from the proper look so I returned them. Perhaps that screw wasn't on the arm back in '09. I wouldn't go this route.
Tom
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

thanx for the info. just to confirm: that part # fits, but looks wrong. is that correct? thanx. s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
todaxyz

Post by todaxyz »

I never attempted to fit them. Sorry.
Tom
250GT

Post by 250GT »

Steve,
Place some pics on my PM or TY.
have a lot of those, but unknown to me to which F-cars they belong....

C.
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

OK, here are a few shots (from the 10 I have) of the errant arm. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanx. s
Attachments
Wiper D for Yang.jpg
Wiper D for Yang.jpg (235.72 KiB) Viewed 6878 times
Wiper C for Yang.jpg
Wiper C for Yang.jpg (246.36 KiB) Viewed 6878 times
Wiper b for Yang.jpg
Wiper b for Yang.jpg (171.28 KiB) Viewed 6878 times
Wiper A for Yang.jpg
Wiper A for Yang.jpg (176.59 KiB) Viewed 6878 times
steve meltzer,
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

I was never able to find the wiper arms with a modest effort in the British line, but as luck would have it, I was able to tighten the set screw well enough to compensate for the worn, exterior splines, on the arms themselves. The car will rarely seen rain, and the arms are fine. I can only confirm that GT Car Parts in Az didn't have the arms, I never tried the other vendors, except for Tom Vail/McCann who never called back.

The blades however, are 13" bayonet style, and mine came from Moss Motors, a purveyor of British parts. (Ask for Leif Jacobsen)
http://www.mossmotors.com
Their part number is 165-050 for Triumph Spitfires, '69-'75 and MGB/C GT '369-72.
Victoria British may also have them, but I was unable to confirm this and they were unwilling to go to the warehouse to check.

steve
steve meltzer,