Oh My…..

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tim

Oh My…..

Post by tim »

Greetings… This car didn't make the Concorso gathering. It was busy being sold.
http://goodingco.com/vehicle/1961-ferra ... -series-1/

Tim
1964 330GT 5769 -the big yellow taxi 61&66 Morgan +4's Daimler SP250 Turner 950S and some other dull stuff plus a brand Mercedes C300 4matic
John250gte

Re: Oh My…..

Post by John250gte »

As was this one...
http://goodingco.com/vehicle/1961-ferra ... eries-i-2/

Oh My, Oh My.....
BobA

Post by BobA »

I wonder how much value #2927 will lose after a through cleaning?
David Booth

Post by David Booth »

I had a chance to look at both these cars in person during the preview period - a pretty good once-over on the blue one. Very nice car, and deserving of this record price. Not quite to the level of Scott Oshry's GTE by Zac Dugger, which is a really exceptional example, but this one is very nice.

I was chatting over the barn-find car with Richard Rawlings from the TV show Fast & Loud who had driven his '21 Packard on the Tour d' Elegance. I was trying to goad him into buying it for an extended thread on his show, but knowing all along it really wasn't the kind of quick flip his shop specializes in. He predicted it would blow through the high estimate of $450k, and as it turned out, wasn't too far wrong.

Just for interest, the car Rawlings brought to Pebble was a 1929 Packard 645 Roadster with body by Rollston - probably the only such example surviving. The Packard didn't come through the Gas Monkey Garage (again, not really what they do), but was acquired pretty much concours-ready. He seemed humbled and appreciative of the opportunity to show it at Pebble.
1960 SII PF cabriolet #2105GT
1963 250GTE #4799GT with 330 America engine #5033GT

"...Luigi follow only the Ferraris.."
tyang

Post by tyang »

David Booth wrote:I had a chance to look at both these cars in person during the preview period - a pretty good once-over on the blue one. Very nice car, and deserving of this record price. Not quite to the level of Scott Oshry's GTE by Zac Dugger, which is a really exceptional example, but this one is very nice.

I was chatting over the barn-find car with Richard Rawlings from the TV show Fast & Loud who had driven his '21 Packard on the Tour d' Elegance. I was trying to goad him into buying it for an extended thread on his show, but knowing all along it really wasn't the kind of quick flip his shop specializes in. He predicted it would blow through the high estimate of $450k, and as it turned out, wasn't too far wrong.

Just for interest, the car Rawlings brought to Pebble was a 1929 Packard 645 Roadster with body by Rollston - probably the only such example surviving. The Packard didn't come through the Gas Monkey Garage (again, not really what they do), but was acquired pretty much concours-ready. He seemed humbled and appreciative of the opportunity to show it at Pebble.
I have good authority that they will be featuring a Ferrari 365GT 2+2 in a future show, and I am worried they will do it the same justice as the F40 they did a few years ago. I would have given them a wide berth, so I'm glad you had a pleasant conversation.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053