Tom Terrific

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Michael Greenspan

Tom Terrific

Post by Michael Greenspan »

I don't usually attend events like Monterey but the draw of the third GTE reunion and the idea of returning our car to the neighborhood it came from proved too appealing. In talking to Tom about the trip he said "I think the car could win a Platinum in Preservation Class". I thought it was a real stretch but agreed to give it a shot. Tom pointed out some obvious small issues and I addressed some of them. Then the car was off and in grand company on the hauler. When the judges arrived, Tom graciously agreed to explain what was and was not done on the car. I absolutely believe that the tale made the difference and some facsimile of the award will be given to Tom soon.

But, that's not the terrific part. That part belongs to all of the repairs, problem solutions and general attitude of "if I can be of some help" attitude that kept him working all weekend.

I consider myself very lucky to have found Tom's web site twelve years ago when we were looking for a Ferrari. That find led me to my car and a friendship with Tom, Francois and a lot of other Yangsters and a very unexpected Platinum!

Thanks Tom.
tyang

Re: Tom Terrific

Post by tyang »

Hi Michael,

Thanks for you kind words of support. Last week was a great week and reminded me that the cars brought us all together, but it's the people that make this job/hobby so rewarding. What we give to this community is what we get back, and I certainly can see the benefits!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
afwrench

Post by afwrench »

Congrats on the recognition your car received Michael.Talking with Tom on Sunday we both agreed that the people we have met over the years has made the car hobby that much better. All the best, Mike
72,365gtc4,14681,2007 599 GTB
BobA

Post by BobA »

Hi Tom: With this car and the two in the Gooding auction, did that make 25 cars in Monterey for the weekend?
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

If you want to look at it that way, there were 22 at Concorso Italiano, 3 at auction and one at the Quail that wasn't at Concorso, so I would say 26!
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
BobA

Post by BobA »

Which car was #3 at the auction?
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

2651 GT & 2927 at Goodings and 4001 GT at Bonhams
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT