Finally caught up!

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

modificata

Finally caught up!

Post by modificata »

Hello all

I've been reading the blog since about 2001, but dropped in and out for the past 10 years. As a result there was a lot of the blog I would read twice, or miss altogether. Anyhow to cut a long story short 2 months ago I started to read the blog starting with the first post and finally made it to Aug 2015! (Do I get a prize!?!).

Tom - you have done a sterling job with the blog. Its entertaining and informative, especially for a novice spanner turner like me. I've learnt a huge amount from the site and has encouraged me to buy and work on my own cars. I've previously owned two Mondial ts and a '97 456 GTA. I now have a 1999 456M GTA and recently purchased a 1981 400iA 2+2 project car.

I'll post up some pics of my cars when I get a chance. the 456M is currently in the middle of a major mechanical service (Oils, filters, cambelts, cambelt bearings, front and rear seals, coolant change, new fans, Gearbox oil and filters, shock rebuild and upgrade to FHP, steering upgrade, tubi back box and resonator delete pipes, steering/hydrolic fluid and steering ecu upgrade to FHP, AC condensor and regas, etc etc etc!!!). We have this weekend and next weekend to finish the car, as on 26th Sept we leave on a tour to Maranello and Monaco!

After this we will be on the 400i. The interior is mint, and the engine runs fine. It just needs a major service similar to above. However the body will be going through a bare metal re-spray. The idea is to try and get the car to as close to a conours standard as possible and send for Classiche Certification. All that will take the best part of 2015 and 2016.

Once the 400i is done I will be looking to do a bare metal respray on the 456M as well as detail the engine and interior to comcours standard, althought that might start in 2017.

Anyhow in the meantime just wanted to say hi to everyone!
1999 456M GTA (Rhd)
1981 400i A 2+2 (Rhd)
tyang

Re: Finally caught up!

Post by tyang »

Wow, that's a lot of reading! I'm sure I've forgotten many of the things I've written about over the last 10 years, so you may know my "Ferrari Life" better than I! Welcome back, and I hope you plan on keeping up on the posts instead of "binge reading" from now on.

I look forward to the pictures.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053