Yellow fuel lines & brown oil line & fittings

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

simonc

Yellow fuel lines & brown oil line & fittings

Post by simonc »

I am restoring 5465GT in the UK and need fit new yellow fuel lines, brown oil line plus new fittings and ferules. Please can any anyone recommend a good supplier of these items please either as individual items or as pre-built kits.

Thanks.
Simon in the UK

1973 246GT Dino
1976 365 Boxer
1977 400 Auto
John250gte

Re: Yellow fuel lines & brown oil line & fittings

Post by John250gte »

Look at the 'Ferrari 330 GTC Restoration' page under the 'Restoration' tab of www.newcoproducts.com.
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Just put a new yellow line in my GTC (tank to filter) I've always had great service from GT Car Parts in Az. Used my existing ferrules without difficulty (driver not show car, tho' I did buff them a bit)

GT Car Parts Ferrari parts AZ 516 West Lone Cactus Drive biil 623-780-2200 DD@GTcp.com G.T. Car Parts, Inc. in Arizona Phoenix Arizona AZ 85027 dave debenardo (is who I've always worked with)

NB: They mail me a $100 Amazon gift card for every new referral I send, so tell I sent you. steve meltzer
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
simonc

Post by simonc »

Thanks John - I have emailed Newco and am waiting for a reply

Thanks Steve - I emailed GT and mentioned you had referred me.

Simon
Simon in the UK

1973 246GT Dino
1976 365 Boxer
1977 400 Auto
klv

Post by klv »

A belated response here, but I just wanted to let people know that we have these in stock - both fuel and oil hoses and most of the ferrules and fittings usually on the shelf at Maranello Classic Parts. We also have a few pre-made hoses for various applications in stock too. The hoses are sold by the centimetre length for your info! I know all to well, I had to measure a whole lot of it for our stocktake last month... We actually supply a number of the restorers and resellers about the place as well.

I'm aware now that this is potentially plugging my own workplace, which I feel a little uncomfortable with at the moment, so I hope people don't mind too much. We know our website is rubbish at the moment, but we are working on a much better one that will be up in the next 3 months or so and be much better to use and have a lot more information on it. To make it work we've effectively had to write parts catalogues for some of the earlier cars, so it's been a big undertaking. Feel free to ask me questions or give us feedback - especially after it goes live. The big advantage will be that it will let people know what sort of stuff we do have in stock and available. I'll see if I can get permission to post a few photos of the warehouse for you! It's certainly fun wandering the aisles and trying to recognise some of the parts, when I'm not too busy dealing with orders and enquiries!

Cheers to all

Andrew Stevens
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

When fitting the ends to a new fuel line, what should one use for better sealing? I was thinking about using a aviation line sealant by Permatex, it's a black slime. Are there better remedies? Thanks in advance.

john
PF Coupe
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

John: This will sound like a broken record, but Locktite 518. For years we used Permatex #1, which hardened when cured, but 518 is far superior.
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Dyke, thanks for your reply. I'll try 518 this time.

john
PF Coupe
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

The ferrule nuts for the yellow lines that come from Newco, are these steel plated with the proper clear cad? Thanks.

john
PF Coupe