Who is going to Cavallino?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Tom Wilson

Who is going to Cavallino?

Post by Tom Wilson »

I will be arriving late Wednesday night and leaving early Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys.
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
tyang

Re: Who is going to Cavallino?

Post by tyang »

Hi Tom,

I will be arriving Wednesday Morning, and leaving Sunday night, so I'll see you in South Florida!

There's lots of controversy going on at Cavallino this year. The Platinum award threshold has been increased from 95 to 98 points and ticket prices have doubled. It'll be interesting if there is any backlash, or will people just line up for more!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Admiral Goodwrench

Post by Admiral Goodwrench »

Hi Tom and Tom,

HelenAnn and I and the blue car will be there. The car was invited back as a previous Best of Show winner. It also will be one of the three cars to be discussed at the Thursday Symposium, so those of you who are coming do not ask me any tough questions.

See you there.

Best regards,

Robert
Robert
500 Mondial SII 0556(0446)/MD
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Ok Admiral, to give you time to prepare, you should know that I will be asking "Why isn't your car red?" And Tom, I spent a lot of time yesterday looking for the proper ticket forms because I thought the $200 ticket price must be for more than just admission. I guess Concorso is taking a lesson from the Quail...

I am going anyway, though, because I enjoy meeting with all of you guys and I think the "Best Of" reunion should be pretty good. See you all in January!
Admiral Goodwrench

Dear Tom W.

Thanks for the heads up. Of course the answer is "I already tried that." Please see post #584 at http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/pre-6 ... post676562

Best regards,
Robert
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Well, I guess I will have to think of something else... I would like to talk to you about racing at Del Mar in January. I grew up in Del Mar and still have a place there, but do not know much about its racing history. Horses I know about, but not cars. It would be fun to learn about.
enio45

Post by enio45 »

Tom and Tom, i will be there with my customers 330 GTC car - looking forward to seeing you at the show.....we are staying right across the bridge at the hyatt hotel .....

we also got an invite to the Trump Mansion show on sunday....called...something de Largo??
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
deichenb

Post by deichenb »

I'll be there arriving Weds and departing Sunday. No cars in tow this year, but my will have the joy of walking the field wit my 4 year old daughter. I'm looking forward to seeing Tom and friends in PB.

Happy NY,
David
2x2+2

Post by 2x2+2 »

We'll be there. Arriving Wednesday and leaving Sunday morning, not attending the Trump thing. For all you GTE enthusiasts, Alan Boe's lovely car will be on the Concours field fresh from Bob Smith's shop. I'll be baby sitting it for him while he is judging other classes.
See y'all there
David Wheeler
250 GTE # 2713, 330 GT # 5629, 328 GTS # 79004
Admiral Goodwrench

Intercity loaded up this morning at single digit chill factor temps, hope it is better in FL.

Best regards,

Robert
Robert
mdempsey

Post by mdempsey »

I am skipping this year. I can't find my white alligator loafers, pastel plaid pants, or pink blazer.......

Even so I will miss seeing everyone. Actually work, family stuff, and fire house stuff will keep me away.

I did just have grandchild number 8. So I guess it's time to move to FL.......

Mark
srslusso

Post by srslusso »

I'll be at the track both days and Sat for the show, skipping all the parties @ the breakers. I'd like to get together with everyone.
Former owner
Several Vintage Ferraris
Incl T de F Zagato 0515
Lusso 33 years
2 Queens 11727 & 11835 looking for another now !
2004 575M 135175 now
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Anybody else not made dinner plans? I haven't given this trip enough thought and now I gotta get on a plane tomorrow. Would love to meet up with you guys.

Need to go now and figure out what to pack for 40-80 degrees and sunny/cloudy/rainy/windy days. And, oh yeah, humidity...