Revisiting 250 GTE Rear springs and ride height

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Zanny1

Revisiting 250 GTE Rear springs and ride height

Post by Zanny1 »

After a lengthy time away from home getting some much needed repairs, #3077 is finally back. As you may recall in my original post, the car sagged in the rear with approximately 26-1/2" measured from ground to top of fender arch through the center of the wheel. The car also handled very poorly, with spring bushings worn out among other things. The springs were removed and re-arched, adding approximately 2" to the ride height. The shop must have know what they were doing as the car now has 28-1/2" measured as described earlier, and with new bushings it drives with a degree of precision that was missing before.
I am sure that with time the rear suspension will settle some..... hopefully not a lot. I plan to put 1000 km on the car, put it up on the rack, loosen all the rear components, and see if there is any "correction" (for lack of a better word), then tighten everything back up.
Thanks to Tom Yang for giving me a good target for measurement. I think it looks pretty good.
Also polished the Borranis and replaced the tires with Blockley VR rated 205/15's.
Attachments
Ride STance small2.jpg
Ride STance small2.jpg (111.77 KiB) Viewed 2877 times
Ride Stance small1.jpg
Ride Stance small1.jpg (113.12 KiB) Viewed 2877 times
Mike
1971 365 GTC4.... on my second one
Zanny1

Re: Revisiting 250 GTE Rear springs and ride height

Post by Zanny1 »

Here's a factory photo for comparison.
Attachments