330 GTC Moving to California

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

67GTC

330 GTC Moving to California

Post by 67GTC »

Hello Tom,

After we communicated by email in early December, I flew to LaGuardia and drove up to Connecticut to see and drive the 330 GTC offered by Matt diGarmo in Norwalk.

So, I checked the car out, drove it, and was rather impressed... Later in the morning I had Francois Sicard check the car out. He looked it over, did a compression and leakdown on all twelve and pronounced it well.

So I bought SN 10539 on Dec 20th, and should have it out here in California by mid-February. I'll definitely be in Monterey with the GTC in August.

Chuck
Joel Benatar

Post by Joel Benatar »

welcome
Nice to have another GTC owner on the web site. I am in San Diego and also have a 330 GTC 67. Look at the owners gallary to see more about it. I have recently done a complete engine rebuild. If there is anything I can help concerning your new car let me know. Enjoy it and drive safely
Joel
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Chuck,

Congratulations! Sorry there wasn't time to get together! Hopefully we'll meet in Monterey!

Let's ad another GTC to the owner's gallery!

Tom
WillS

Post by WillS »

Hello Chuck,
Congrats on the GTC! I am in the process of doing a major tune-up (valve timing/clearance adjustment, distributors O/H & timing, high tension wires, carb synch/mixtures, oil/filters change, etc.) on my recently acquired '67 GTC and can be of help to you, along with Joel B.

Would you share the resulting numbers of the compression & leakdown tests (for all cylinders) Francois did on your GTC engine? I too did that and would like to know what someone else got on the same Tipo 209 engine. Mine were a little low, but very uniform. I didn't do a leakdown test, but will be doing so soon and would like to compare to your results.

Thanks Much,
Will
67GTC

Post by 67GTC »

Hi Will,

Thanks for the offer of support! I've been communicating with Joel as well.

Here's the data on Francois' test (12-20-03):

Cyl 1 - 165
2 - 160
3 - 160
4 - 160
5 - 160
6 - 155
7 - 150
8 - 150
9 - 150
10 - 150
11 - 150
12 - 150

I sure after I get the car, I'll have some questions for you...

Chuck McCreight[/img]
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Hi Chuck,

Congrats on your new GTC. Where are you located in California? I am near San Francisco.

It was this time last year my friend and I visited DeGarmo to see the couple of 275 GTB's he had at that time. We had a chance to have dinner with Tom Y and talk cars for three hours nonstop. Boy was it cold! But it was a fun visit.

John Vardanian
67GTC

Post by 67GTC »

Hello John,

I'm down in Westchester, CA.. between Marina Del Rey and LAX; If you've seen Loyola Marymont University up on the bluff - I'm up there...

Working with Matt has been great. I've authorized some repairs to the car and he is my escrow agent for ensuring that the quality and continuity is ongoing.

The car is due to be shipped this week, and I expect to be driving it in CA soon.

This car is a metric car with 68,800 km on the clock.. The two guys that have had it since 1980 have put more than $59,000 into the car without trying to restore it, so it's relatively original...

Can't wait,

Chuck McCreight
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Chuck,

Congrats again. We need to connect in Monterey this year.

John Vardanian
WillS

Post by WillS »

Chuck,
Thanks for listing the compression results. Looks like your engine is in great shape!

Regards,
Will