Ferrari Books and Memorabilia for Sale

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

PeeGee74

Ferrari Books and Memorabilia for Sale

Post by PeeGee74 »

I have the following which are for sale:

Books
Hardcover
The Ferrari Legend - 250GT Competition by Jess G. Pourret. Barnes Publishing - 1977.
Signed copy - in purple ink, a la Enzo Ferrari. When published in the US, I was friendly with John Barnes and had dinner with Jess, who signed the book for me. Not inscribed, just signed. $300.00

Ferrari, The man, The machines edited by Stan Greyson, published by Automobile Quarterly. First Edition 1975. $50.00
Ferrari - The Sport and Gran Turismo Cars - Merritt/Fitzgerald Second Edition 1977. This is a classic book — noted as “revised and enlarged edition" $50.00

All the dust jackets are shelf worn, but the bindings are good.

Softcover
3 in Dean Batchelor Series - $20 each
Early Berlinettas and Competition Coupes - 1974
The Early Spiders and Competition Roadsters - 1975
The Gran Turismo and Competition Berlinettas - 1977

The Spyder California - A Ferrari of Particular Distinction by George M. Carrrick 1977 Barnes Publishing - $50.00

The soft covers are in fair condition, showing age marks and some yellowing and dirt

Memorabilia
Two clippings from the New York Times (Free with the hardcover books):

March 19, 1977 - in the “People” column, a blurb about Sol West, 2nd who, to inherit $3 million from his late sister-in-law, had to bury her “in my lace nightgown and in my Ferrari, with the seat slanted comfortably”, and,

March 20, 1977 article announcing Enzo Ferrari’s resignation from the company

4 postcards from Maranello/Modena showing the Ferrari factory and various cars and the “Pista Ferrari” (I don’t think this was Fiorano; perhaps a predecessor). One postcard was mailed to me by a Ferrari owning friend who was visiting the factory in 1976. $3 each or $10 for all

A copy of the 50th anniversary edition of Road and Track (June 1997) featuring the 250 GTO and 550 Maranello on the cover. $25.00

All subject to prior sale. Prices do not include shipping.
PeeGee74

Re: Ferrari Books and Memorabilia for Sale

Post by PeeGee74 »

The Dean Batchelor books and the Merritt/Fitzgerald book are sold.