The Great Missing Cars

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

proscriptus

The Great Missing Cars

Post by proscriptus »

I'm trying to put together a list of significant missing sports cars for a book project, cars that have dropped off the map but that might still be out there somewhere (ie, the Max Wax 0378AM 375 MM, the stolen Goldfinger DB5). I'm not asking anyone to give up any secrets, but if you have any tips (and photos!), I'd love to talk to you.

Please email me at dave@proscriptus.com. I can't promise any reward beyond a credit in the book, but it should be a whole lot of fun.

Dave
Admiral Goodwrench

Re: The Great Missing Cars

Post by Admiral Goodwrench »

Dear Dave,

As I mentioned on another chat line, it is quite a mystery as to what happened to the second from last 500 Mondial Series II serial 0574/MD after Sbraci ran at Pescara on 8/19/56.

Best regards,

Robert
Robert
500 Mondial SII 0556(0446)/MD
proscriptus

Post by proscriptus »

Thanks Robert; it'll certainly make the cut.

Don't be surprised to see variants of my plea in quite a few places. I've rather reached a dead end on my solo research.

Dave
Yale

Post by Yale »

Are all of the Tony Parravano cars whereabouts known?
Ex - 1964 330GT #6097
1963 Abarth Monomille
1970 Porsche 911S
1974 BMW 2002turbo
proscriptus

Post by proscriptus »

After talking with some folks, I think I've given the wrong impression about the book. Unlike past projects, I haven't been asked to write a work of serious scholarship. Yes, I need to get my facts straight, but the idea isn't to find the cars, more to talk about the mystery.

So I'm not asking anyone to hand over their research, nor to compromise any leads. In fact, I encourage you to take advantage of this--give me the story up to 1980, or only part of it, and if any new leads turn up, I'll happily pass them along.

I've also talked to my editor, and he's also interested in major known cars with missing history, which is even less compromising. We'll even include some great finds, like Ferrari GTO 3589 or the first Shelby Cobra Daytona.

Either way, if you have a story to share, I'll work with you to ensure any confidential information stays that way. The mystery will only add to the fun.
Yale

Post by Yale »

So by the way Proscriptus, who are we sharing this with?
Ex - 1964 330GT #6097
1963 Abarth Monomille
1970 Porsche 911S
1974 BMW 2002turbo
proscriptus

Post by proscriptus »

Hi Yale,

I'm Dave Traver Adolphus. Tom more-or-less knows me; I've been writing about cars for a living for about 15 years. I was one of the founding editors of Sports & Exotic Car; I've been freelance for the last three years and have a current byline at The Drive. Car-Tech is commissioning the book--it's a follow-on to their recent Lost Muscle Cars.

I'm the only one who will see anything other than what goes into a draft of the book. As I said, I'm probably more interested in having a book full of mystery, than a book full of answers.

https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Muscle-Cars ... 1613252250