GTS Judging details

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

enio45

GTS Judging details

Post by enio45 »

Tom, thanks for the details on the judging sheets and what you did to correct them.

My partner Tom and I focus on doing our restorations for clients with a similar eye to the details - thus appreciated
your insight.

To do a car to this level takes a lot of patience and multiple tries thru judging to get all the little items correct.

Thanks again....
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
330GT

Re: GTS Judging details

Post by 330GT »

enio45 wrote:Tom, thanks for the details on the judging sheets and what you did to correct them.

My partner Tom and I focus on doing our restorations for clients with a similar eye to the details - thus appreciated
your insight.

To do a car to this level takes a lot of patience and multiple tries thru judging to get all the little items correct.

Thanks again....
The IAC/PFA has a judging document for 330 GTC and GTS models:
https://www.ferrariclubofamerica.org/in ... igurations

The idea is to provide a consistent base for owner's, restorers and judges so getting to a high score isn't a process of elimination only found out through multiple concourses.

There are several others in the works along with the 330 GT 2+2 that I'm working on.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
Greg Brendel

Post by Greg Brendel »

What color blue is that? looks great
enio45

Post by enio45 »

yes clete's manual was a substantial help when we did a gtc 2 yrs ago

the gt 2+2 will be equally useful for sure -
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
tyang

Post by tyang »

I was honored to be included in helping out with the GTC manual. I've been asked to do one for a GTE, but I don't know if I have the dogged determination Clete had in getting us all to review, revise, and contribute!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

On the subject of the ZF steering box, I believe the whole box was shot with black paint after assembly and testing at ZF and Ferrari bolted them right on just like that. So, no one would know the finish on the filler plug or the hardware on an original box because they would be covered in black paint. Today, no one (including myself) puts a completely painted steering box on a show car. It just looks sloppy and out of place.

john
PF Coupe
Menlodon

Post by Menlodon »

What is right?

Has anyone ever seen 2 GTE's that were exactly alike? I think it all depended on how "Mario and Luigi" felt on a particular day.