distributor machines

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Bryan P

Post by Bryan P »

Michael, which MSD product x2 did you get?

Rudy, what is the s/n of your brother's Queen?

thanks,
Bryan
s/n 11199
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

Michael,

Thanks for the information on the MSDs and the related web site. Definetly worth investigating for my GTE. The points outliving the owners
worries me, though!

Regards,

Rudy
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Bryan,

My brother's car is a 1970 with s/n 13981. It is silver with a black interior and is in quite nice condition. He bought it about a little over a year ago here in Los Angeles. In fact, we both bought our Ferraris within two weeks of each other having convinced ourselves that life is too short without the pleasure of owning a Ferrari. We were right.

Rudy
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

Rudy: While MSDs add to the life of the Ferrari, also remember the Ferrari adds to the life of its owner! Michael Bayer #9727
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Michael,

Very true about adding to the life of the owner. Good "point(s)"!

Rudy
John

Distributor Machines

Post by John »

Michael Bayer said, on Sun Feb 22, that a good idea was to install two MSD 6200 ignition boosters. I went to my local distributor who called the factory rep and I was told that to install the pair I must disconnect the secondary set of points in each distributor. My questions are, Is this correct, and if so, which is the secondayy set of points. Would appreciate help. John Rangeley #5827 330GT.
tim

Post by tim »

Greetings... I think they are thinking of the dual point distributors that use one set to make contact and one to break. They would use a 6 lobe cam for 6 cylinders. For cars with 3 lobe cams, you'd have to leave both hooked up or you will only get 3 cylinders to fire. Tim